Most entertaining City match ever?

I think you would have to split the thread if you want to mention Hamburg, because I would put that in a catagory of most entertaining atmosphere at a city game, which it was, it was awsome. My son was dressed as superman, and we saw the introduction of the inflatable Penis pisscan baconface.

QPR last year wasn't entertaining, it was torture. upto the end when it was magical. So it doesn't quite edge above Hamburg, but very close.

tidyman said:
Bournemouth 3-3 at Maine Road. I doubt any other team in the world could of fucked that up, the way we did.

The two FA Cup quarter final games against Everton in '81.

one of lifes special momemts when zico lobbed the everton keeper, and the reaction of 10,000 city fans behind the net.

I have to agree the Spurs 5-2 game was proabbaly the best game of football I have ever seen with the Newcastle 3-3 close behind. Another of my favourite games was the 2-1 victory over Liverpool at the start of the 1991 season when beating Liverpool was quite an achievement.

The game had everything. Massive crowd (by 1991 standards), under the floodlights at Maine Road, the drama of whether David White shot had crossed the line, thrilling football from both sides and a stirring comeback from Liverpool with City desperately holding on.

Bit of an obscure one....Played Wolves at Maine Road early 70s in the League Cup. 3-1 down with 10 mins or so to go and won 4-3.

I loved the 5-2 Spurs game that has been mentioned a lot.

My first ever derby 3-3 was a good one in 71.

Ballet on ice. The 1967-68 at Newcastle, final game would take some beating for attacking play from both teams. Middlesboro semi at Gods green Acre has been mentioned. Louder than the Hamburg game in my opinion. Still think the 1-3 at the swamp the season we won the league was superb.

just asked my dad he said down to 10 men v chelsea in the 50s won 5-4, old bastard, anyone care to admit they remember it?

Same as tidyman Everton away cup qtr final 1981 it had everything, but my all time best are 3/1 old Trafford 68 very underrated and undervalued game don't think their is any footage, also 4/3 newcastle but without doubt season finale qpr

bluemc1 said:
6-1 was dream stuff, but for entertainment and excitement i go for 3-4 come back with 10 men v spurs, can still see myself jumping over my mum and dads coffee table

This game for me too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.