Most Gutted you've Been About a player leaving

Cant believe no one has mentioned!

Garry Flitcroft

Turned down that mob when he was a kid in favour of us!

morleyswife said:

Garry Flitcroft

Bloody hey, yes, how could I have forgotten him. Good shout

Anelka
...stayed up half the night waiting to see who it was we'd signed to replace him :-(

morleyswife said:

Garry Flitcroft

Yeah that was huge and didnt see it coming.

Also White, Michael Hughes, Tony Coton, Gio, Uwe, NDJ and Balotelli

and of course Gary Owen and Barnsey to west brom

effin west brom :-(

As a kid it had to be Paul Simpson.

Two reasons, firstly we got stopped on the way to a game by a guy asking for directions to the ground. We told him we were on our way there so jumped in with him. He told us he was scouting for Forest and asked what Paul Simpson was like. My dad proceeded to slate Simpson saying what a useless signing he would be. He never moved to Forest but I can't remember his performance that day or even if he played tbh so don't know if my dads blagging worked.

Also City players used to visit my primary school so I took the opportunity to ask Simpson if it was true he was leaving and he said he wasn't going anywhere. Two weeks later he moved to Oxford.

I was devastated because to me we'd batted off Forest plus he'd told me himself that he wasn't leaving.

I've had a few personal letdowns from players since including Gio signing my season ticket receipt as he bailed out to Ajax and Gerry Creaney asking me where the city team were doing their pre-season training, the let down there being seeing our newest acquisition in the flesh.

Interestingly the guy who was scouting Simpson was called Alan Hill. A few years later he ended up working at City as Frank Clarks assistant manager IIRC.

For me it has to be David Wagstaffe. This was partially down to the circumstances. I had been dragged down to my Grandparents in Shropshire for Christmas. I got the coach to watch Wolves on Boxing Day only to see Wagstaffe unveiled as a new signing.

Wolves got very good service from Wagstaffe. Imagine the team City would have had with Wagstaffe at number 11 in place of Coleman in the late 1960s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.