Most Humiliating Defeats

Yep battered them and hit bar and post 5 times only for them to break away and score against the run of play.
I was in Main Stand for that one - another head in hands amongst many.

Humiliating -wow so many to choose from, Stockport, Halifax, Chelsea 6 - 0, United 5 -0 but champions League quarters - give your head a wobble.

Mine has to be Mansfield in the Auto Windscreen cup, proper shit sat there watching that. I was only about 12, Main Road was empty that night. No idea where the York away lot were .

Yep battered them and hit bar and post 5 times only for them to break away and score against the run of play.
I was in Main Stand for that one - another head in hands amongst many.

Are we thinking about the same match? I think Keegan or Pearce was the manager and Bolton got a penalty after City's dominance. It was at The Etihad (or maybe The COMS back then.)

It's long while back, but in 72/73 we got beat 2-0 by Bury in the League Cup. We had Summerbee, Bell, Marsh and Lee in the team, so it wasn't we were rubbish at the time or that we put out the reserves. I was there, and I was absolutely gutted.

got pissed off with the attitude in our derby games this season. Three defeats, im not particularly bothered that th rags beat us it was the fact that out of the 4 games ( apart from thrashing them at the swamp in semi final ) we didn't play at all like we had fire in our bellies for a derby. It was as though the players didn't put that extra effort in knowing what it meant to fans.
In the long run it had little effect overall as we won the cup and if you compared the blues to the rags in the league we where streets ahead.
we just should have had more effort, in particular away in the prem.

The home defeat upset me quite a lot. There was the aftermath too (racism, violence) which dragged us through the mud and got the City haters lots of ammo. They weren't humiliating defeats. Losing 1-6 at home to City is a humiliation.

It's long while back, but in 72/73 we got beat 2-0 by Bury in the League Cup. We had Summerbee, Bell, Marsh and Lee in the team, so it wasn't we were rubbish at the time or that we put out the reserves. I was there, and I was absolutely gutted.
Think that’s the game we started a fire in the stands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.