Most improved player of the season....

Lescott, by a mile. I used to wish we had Vidic alongside Vinnie; not now. If Lescott and Kompany aren't the best CB pairing in the PL, I don't know who are.

Lescott for sure. Carried on from the excellent form he showed towards the end of last season. Milner is in with a shout too, and Mario if you ignore some of the behavioural problems.

ForzaMancini said:
Lescott for sure. Carried on from the excellent form he showed towards the end of last season. Milner is in with a shout too, and Mario if you ignore some of the behavioural problems.
The problem is, you can't. Those problems are central to his overall effectiveness as he can't do much to help us when he's sitting in the corporate box performing magic tricks.

Joleon by a long way, he'll have been well aware that he was seen as a weaker link in the team by many and will also be aware of his own limitations (aswell as what he excels at), yet he's come out and performed this season with all that to contend with to a very high standard, this season I think he's been as dependable as Vinnie was the last one.

Well done Joleon.

Milner has been gash for a while now, very inconsistent player. He's only had a few good games this season. JL on the other hand is easily the most improved player this season.

Don't agree with those suggesting Milner. We've not really seen enough of him as he has been used primarily as a rotation player.

Lescott has been outstanding and a staple of the team barring injury.

Barry! I was so worried when Yaya left for the African Cup of Nations, but he really stepped up his game, carried the midfield ever since. He's as one footed as they come but he doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

Tony Adcock said:
Now I know the end of season awards don't have a trophy for the above, but it is just as important to have players improving as it is to have players we know are excellent to start with.

The usual subjects will be in for P.O.Y. - VK, Kun, Silva......

But for me there is 1 player who has come on leaps and bounds this season - joleon. I have never been his best supporter, but he has won me round. I think he is key to what we do defensively and as his confidence grows I see him getting more goals next season and becoming and England regular.

Special mentions to Zaba and Micah as well - definitely improving under Mancini

Spot on. Lescott, Hart, Aguero or Silva would be my player of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.