Most influential cars

Yeah, over 30k with the buyers premium. Worth a fraction of that in reality, about 5/6k in the condition it was in as it wasn't a pristine example. Bought by a fan of the show, not because he was a TR7 enthusiast, I believe.
Ah that makes sense, thought it was a bit pricey!
Not that I'm an expert or anything.
My boss owns this -IMG-20220208-WA0000(1).jpg

Just at the end of the TR age they made a few TR8 convertibles, they were a really nice looking car. Unfortunately never got to drive one so cannot comment on how they were on the road.
View attachment 124341
I quite like that. I was never a fan of the TR7, especially when you compare it to a TR6.

But that soft top looks ok, get rid of the daft spoiler though, can't see that taking on bends at 80/90mph plus ;)

Yep, we pick up customers from the station in it sometimes. Its a great ice breaker/ conversation piece.
Think he paid 10k for it, which is obviously about 10k more than its actually worth if it wasn't famous.
My brother in law has just restored this -
View attachment 124326
That looks really nice and it looks like he's done a quality restoration on it.

Just at the end of the TR age they made a few TR8 convertibles, they were a really nice looking car. Unfortunately never got to drive one so cannot comment on how they were on the road.
View attachment 124341
There were about 2500 lhd TR8 convertibles made for the North American Market.
It never went into production in rhd form although 22 pre production and development cars were made but never sold to the public.

A woman’s VW Beetle breaks down​

She stops at the side of the road and doesn’t know what to do.

She has no phone signal, and doesn’t see any cars. She feels stranded.

20 minutes later she sees a car in a distance! ...but it doesn’t stop.

Neither does the next one. She’s distraught.

Then after much waiting, she sees a car and it’s a VW Beetle as well!

The driver stops next to her.

A man gets out: “I couldn’t leave a fellow Volkswagen driver stranded! Let me see what I can do”

He goes over to her car, checks it out, pops open the hood and says: “ah! I see the problem! You’re missing the engine!”

“Oh no!” the woman exclaims, surprised, thinking how she could have lost it. The road was bumpy...

“You’re in luck though,” says the man, “I have a spare engine in my trunk!”
Ted Bundy: Biography, Serial Killer ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.