Most influential cars

for looks I'd say the Citroen DS - still jaw droppingly modern looking car despite being launched in 1955.

In reality its the Autobianchi Primula because it is basically what we drive today

Just because - I had Citroens in the 70's and the early 80's - Peugeot ownership did them no favours and Stellantis has basically made all European car production the same. Now you just buy a badge.

First Car? You lucky bastard. Mine was an Avenger 1250 that I towed home from an auction in Rochdale. Turned out to be a great car - at the time my Dad had a MK2 Cortina 1600GT estate which I think turned out to be very rare - typically he sold it cheap lol
Didn’t end up having the cortina too long, it was stolen and smashed up, should have kept the number plate mind, it was HOT **** and an E reg, didn’t know then, then my dad picked me up an Austin 1100 which for a while only had 3rd and 4th gear which was a laugh.

Shame the UK stopped making those wonderful 2 seater convertibles like MGB, TR6, Spitfire, Midget, all great and beautiful cars and very good sellers in America etc.
Now all we have is the MX5 from Japan.

Shame the UK stopped making those wonderful 2 seater convertibles like MGB, TR6, Spitfire, Midget, all great and beautiful cars and very good sellers in America etc.
Now all we have is the MX5 from Japan.
Saw a Spitfire driving down the road today, looked so tiny amongst the pickups either side of it

Yeah I agree but as as a Kid growing up in the 70's it was quite a common 'sports' car and I was fascinated with it, then I was bought a pack of 'Top Trumps' and the rest is history, yet It still to this day holds a lot of fond memories for me. View attachment 124186
Loved Top Trumps as a kid. I also grew up with the TR7 and was determined to get one which I did when I was 19 and have never been without one since. They have played a big part in my life both working and pleasure. Probably the most underrated sports car ever made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.