most intimidating place in grt manc has to be !!!

Miles Platting, Varley Street and Naylor Street Way. Properly grim, and I lived there for years...

TCIB said:
I used to flog ticket things years ago at kwik saves and a few other low brow shops. So i go of how many security guards they had x by the fear in their eyes, for this reason...

1, Lower Broughton (was in the bog when it got armed robbed)
2, Beswick (at any one time at least 3 tea leaves were in the shop, loads of scally's)
3, Cheetham Hill
4, GSC's basement

Edit:: Just seem bob's post. Thank fuck they took that down, fucking depressing that place was.
Most people were great though, dead nice. Badduns were proper bad though.

I grew up in Lwr Broughton and then Cheetham Hill. Salt of the earth;-)

And someone mentioned the crescents in Hulme. Probably the best parties i went to in my youth took place in several flats on that estate.

Obviously it's the Posh kids who feel intimidated..;-)

Longsight's pretty fucking awful to be honest.

*awaits the petty "Racist" accusations*

Seosa said:

Born and brought up on the Anson estate in Longsight, only moved away about 2-3 years ago, and im with you, its absolutely fucking minging!

Nothing Racist about saying the area is the pits, when its true.

If anything, living around here must have been terrifying, my Grandad used to live there until the place was pulled down, i was too young to know what it was like apart from stories and videos etc.

JDHulme4.jpg

webmedia.php

357300833_8f3fb4382b.jpg

Having worked for the bookies all over town Cheetham hill,Brinnington and Salford were all shops that no one wanted to work at but the worst was dickenson rd Longsight it was just a matter of time before you got held up with a shot gun, even worse on hot summer nights,

I have never felt as intimidated as I did when I visited a pharmacy on Queens Road Oldham. I really didn't think I was going to make it out
Two weeks later the Oldham race riots started there

Feed-The-Goat said:
Seosa said:

Born and brought up on the Anson estate in Longsight, only moved away about 2-3 years ago, and im with you, its absolutely fucking minging!

Nothing Racist about saying the area is the pits, when its true.

If anything, living around here must have been terrifying, my Grandad used to live there until the place was pulled down, i was too young to know what it was like apart from stories and videos etc.

JDHulme4.jpg

webmedia.php

357300833_8f3fb4382b.jpg
would you believe our school took us there for a geography field trip! they gave us an half an hour to walk round and take notes (or whatever we were supposed to do),and strict instructions not to go up any of the stairwells onto the balconys!!
that was 2nd stop of the day after the moss aswell,near the chicken run!!
obviously being a kid,we had no idea the danger we were in,but i think a teacher possibly should have done.

yeseye said:
The old front line on moss-lane east in the eighties would take some beating, moss-side precinct, medlock court was a fcukin nightmare if you had to go there for some weed back in the day, yep the moss is getting my vote, I've worked in most districts around greater Manchester and nothing comes close, god how I miss those good old days!
I used to walk (only ever ran if I was gonna miss kick off) to and from Maine road from my house in Stretford all the time when I was 12-17 years old through the prostitute infested streets of whalley range and never felt shit myself once and I'm not a hard lad but tomorrow is another matter entirely

Seosa said:

I lived in Longsight as a Student. It's easily the least welcoming place I've ever lived. Even somewhere like Rusholme was paradise in comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.