Most money you have ever WON.

The Ledge said:
Won a single £1,000 prize on the Telegraph Fantasy Football, with another £400 in a couple of smaller prizes.

Last time I bet on City was in the 2001-02 season when they were the last part of an accumlator to win almost £500. City were top and at home against Stockport who were bottom. You know the rest...

Worthy of my 100th post :)

Took my lad to that game, it was his 1st day time trip to Maine Road, we were in the main stand and on that day all the players had - Kick it out T shirts on, which they then handed out to fans in the stands. My lad is sat on the little wall at the front of the stand, when he's approached by the widest smile you could ever imagine, its Goater and with a huge beaming smile he hand's his sign T-shirt to my son.........guess I have a happier memory of that game than you have :)

Over two years on and finally 100 posts. have it. have it. have it :)

I had four numbers on the lotto (and the bonus ball) was absolutely devastated to learn this got me a grand total of 60 quid!!

mcmanus said:
A ton. Have same amount bet start of each season with the same rag. He picks them lot and I used to pick Chelsea, Arsenal or City + points now it's a straight shootout. Taking that hundred quid off him was so so sweet.

I had this bet with a rag friend too and he eventually paid up rather reluctantly. Same again this season.

Best win was £20 each-way on Tyrnavos in the 1980 Irish Derby who romped home @ 25/1.

mcmanus said:
Markt85 said:
6k from a £1 accumulator changed my life and eventually ruined my life

From what I read Mark you're beating those demons.

still struggling to be honest, opened betfair account the other day, didnt bet and closed it on the same day lol

£420 in a poker cash game in Blackpool some 18 months ago.

8 players got down to 4 players. Me, I had A 10. I raise £30 and the guy to my left calls. Two guys opposite me call. The community cards are laid out; the flop reads A, A, Q. Two of those are diamonds. All I see is I have trips now. I check. Leftie checks. The brawny kid opposite stares me down and raises. His left folds and I call. My leftie calls too.

The turn; Q.

I glance up to the brawny kid, ignoring leftie as he's not my problem. As I suspect leftie checks when I do, but the brawny kid thinks. I do my maths and probability checks in my head. At this point I know I can't be beaten, but he doesn't know that. He raises and I go call. Leftie comes along.

The river; 10d.

I move all in and Brawns calls. Leftie pipes up that he's still in the game and calls. I spin my cards in the air as Brawn flips his pair of Qs. Leftie curses as he shows his two diamonds.

I breathe a deep sigh of relief, tip my hat and bid them goodnight after two more cursory hands.

What a great night, that was!

The Blue Knight said:
I had four numbers on the lotto (and the bonus ball) was absolutely devastated to learn this got me a grand total of 60 quid!!

I just can't understand why anybody would go on the National Mockery from a gambling point of view - folks have received £42 for four balls,whereas you would get £6500 on the Irish Lotto.
I appreciate some of it goes to good causes,but the odds are just shite.

I once technically won €14,100 which was a lot in 1992. Technically it was my girlfriend but I was the one who got on Jeapordy in the first place. I hit a hook shot from half court. Nothin' but chains. Gloria left me soon after her win, but with my share of the money is was able to pay off the local mobster. "Sometimes when you think you win, you really lose." Those were he last words to me. 20 years on, I still don't know what the daft woman meant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.