Most money you have ever WON.

Bigga said:
£420 in a poker cash game in Blackpool some 18 months ago.

8 players got down to 4 players. Me, I had A 10. I raise £30 and the guy to my left calls. Two guys opposite me call. The community cards are laid out; the flop reads A, A, Q. Two of those are diamonds. All I see is I have trips now. I check. Leftie checks. The brawny kid opposite stares me down and raises. His left folds and I call. My leftie calls too.

The turn; Q.

I glance up to the brawny kid, ignoring leftie as he's not my problem. As I suspect leftie checks when I do, but the brawny kid thinks. I do my maths and probability checks in my head. At this point I know I can't be beaten, but he doesn't know that. He raises and I go call. Leftie comes along.

The river; 10d.

I move all in and Brawns calls. Leftie pipes up that he's still in the game and calls. I spin my cards in the air as Brawn flips his pair of Qs. Leftie curses as he shows his two diamonds.

I breathe a deep sigh of relief, tip my hat and bid them goodnight after two more cursory hands.

What a great night, that was!

Have I misunderstood this,Bigga?

you AT
Brawnie QQ Board AAQ T Q

surely he's got quads?

I was fortunate to have won $2300 on my very first tournament at Binions....god knows how many tournaments since and never quite matched this again.

Wish I'd listened to a mate of mine a while back when he told me to lump on Bredis Prescott to KO Amir Khan in round 1. The odds were something ridiculous like 80-1 but he said Khan's chinny and Prescott's a banger and a fast starter. He won over a grand on it.

ive won many football accumalators, a few horses ive had tips for...
but the faces on united fans after the title all be it for only handing over £10s or £20s was and still is the biggest priceless win

There used to be a bookies opposite The Kenny in Cheadle Hulme, i was bored and had £10 e/w on a nag without really looking at the price. It came in 3rd and i got back the grand total of £22.80.

I then preceded to lump my measly winnings on a tricast on the next dog race, imagine my face when they cam in as predicted and i walked away with a portly sum of around £350.

The bookmaker failed to see the funny side.

won $18,000 in vegas poker tourny, £14,000 in edinburgh poker tourny and got $12,000 for hitting royal flush in vegas on a table game, that was a good new years eve,

Knoxy38 said:
Bigga said:
£420 in a poker cash game in Blackpool some 18 months ago.

8 players got down to 4 players. Me, I had A 10. I raise £30 and the guy to my left calls. Two guys opposite me call. The community cards are laid out; the flop reads A, A, Q. Two of those are diamonds. All I see is I have trips now. I check. Leftie checks. The brawny kid opposite stares me down and raises. His left folds and I call. My leftie calls too.

The turn; Q.

I glance up to the brawny kid, ignoring leftie as he's not my problem. As I suspect leftie checks when I do, but the brawny kid thinks. I do my maths and probability checks in my head. At this point I know I can't be beaten, but he doesn't know that. He raises and I go call. Leftie comes along.

The river; 10d.

I move all in and Brawns calls. Leftie pipes up that he's still in the game and calls. I spin my cards in the air as Brawn flips his pair of Qs. Leftie curses as he shows his two diamonds.

I breathe a deep sigh of relief, tip my hat and bid them goodnight after two more cursory hands.

What a great night, that was!

Have I misunderstood this,Bigga?

you AT
Brawnie QQ Board AAQ T Q

surely he's got quads?

I was fortunate to have won $2300 on my very first tournament at Binions....god knows how many tournaments since and never quite matched this again.

Yeah, you're right! The board was A, A, 10. Reliving it in my brain I thought this couldn't be the case. I have no idea why. I remember thinking I wanted to style this full house out. As it turned out the QQ's on the board made it a better full house for me!

Not sure why I doubted the version in my brain!

Just shy of £1,000 on online Blackjack from an original £10 stake. The sum was around £989.21 - I wanted to withdraw as the Scum vs Everton (4:4) game had just finished and I believed all my luck was used up wishing for that game - I couldn't withdraw though as it was on .21, I got a bit funny and wanted a nice looking number.

Ended up losing it :-)

2sheikhs said:
Wish I'd listened to a mate of mine a while back when he told me to lump on Bredis Prescott to KO Amir Khan in round 1. The odds were something ridiculous like 80-1 but he said Khan's chinny and Prescott's a banger and a fast starter. He won over a grand on it.

i had khan to get beat by KO but just anytime, had it in a double with winner of undercard fight think it was cook or something

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The Blue Knight said:
I had four numbers on the lotto (and the bonus ball) was absolutely devastated to learn this got me a grand total of 60 quid!!

I just can't understand why anybody would go on the National Mockery from a gambling point of view - folks have received £42 for four balls,whereas you would get £6500 on the Irish Lotto.
I appreciate some of it goes to good causes,but the odds are just shite.

I don't really give it that much thought to be honest, it's more a case of if I'm at the till and have a quid handy I might get a ticket if I remember. You're right though it is pointless i've never bought a ticket since because it was such a ridiculously low prize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.