Most overrated City player ever?

I should hope not mate he was playing with Yaya and Aguero instead of Creaney and Clough
Kinkladze wouldn't make the bench in any of our title teams.

I loved the little fella when he was here but he really is the very definition of overrated and it is easy to see why as we had nothing else to look forward to other than him shining in a sea of shite but Silva is ten times the player Kinkladze ever was.

I loved the little fella when he was here but he really is the very definition of overrated and it is easy to see why as we had nothing else to look forward to other than him shining in a sea of shite but Silva is ten times the player Kinkladze ever was.

Each to there own mate , it’s just opinions enjoy you’re evening

When was Dibble ever rated never mind overrated?

Dunne was a cracking player for us in darker times, anybody that mentions his own goals as negative need to give their heads a wobble, most of them were due to him throwing himself into last ditch tackles while the rest of the Defence took some time away from the box lol

(not saying that is the reason why you don't rate him btw)

When Tony Coton signed many fans were not happy that Andy Dibble was being replaced.

For the record I think Dibs had two very different spells to his City career. First year or so I thought he was excellent but his rep got sullied, like many other players, when the club went into freefall. Low point being when we lost to Oxford 3-2?? and he was culpable for a couple.

Kit Symons was another example of that. Had a decent season 95/96 in the Prem and then turned to rubbish as the club self-destructed.

Totally agree. Silva and Benarbia made players around them better. Kinkladze actually made them worse. Players made runs, didnt receive a pass, so stopped making runs. He was so talented and good on the ball, yet nobody on our team had a clue when he'd pass it. All he did was make himself look good but make the team worse.

Yet i loved him at the time all the same.

Remember Tony Coton getting loads of abuse when Kendall dropped Dibble for TC mate. As keepers they were leagues apart in my humble opinion.

I wanted City to sign Dibble after his League Cup winning performance for Luton, and he started off pretty decent - he was an improvement over Suckling and Nixon.

Naive as i was, i didnt see the need for him to be replaced - but Coton was a level above. Probably 2 levels above actually. Criminal he didnt play for England.

Totally agree. Silva and Benarbia made players around them better. Kinkladze actually made them worse. Players made runs, didnt receive a pass, so stopped making runs. He was so talented and good on the ball, yet nobody on our team had a clue when he'd pass it. All he did was make himself look good but make the team worse.

Yet i loved him at the time all the same.
A little harsh, there was some horrible players in that team lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.