Most overrated City player ever?

I wanted City to sign Dibble after his League Cup winning performance for Luton, and he started off pretty decent - he was an improvement over Suckling and Nixon.

Naive as i was, i didnt see the need for him to be replaced - but Coton was a level above. Probably 2 levels above actually. Criminal he didnt play for England.

A couple of posts above this I nominated Coton as being overrated
However, do you know the reason he was never called up for England?

If he played for the national team, City had to pay watford £250,000
Swales was head of the FA and made it clear that Coton was not to be called up

I'd guessed it was some fallout between Coton and Graham Taylor from Watford times, but this probably makes more sense!

I'm going to get pelters for this but Stephen Ireland - who benefited from having Robinho and Elano open up so much for him. Got a bit found out when he moved on and didn't have that luxury - but he was mad as a box of frogs so I kind of liked that about him.

Heard that before, absolutely disgusting to fuck a player like that.

Depends what is meant by over-rated, until the 2008 take-over we usually got what we were given and, frankly, did'nt get much! Robinho, promised much, offered little, Anelka..? Rocky Santa Cruz, waste of money as was Benjani and Bony, possibly the least impressive purchase of the post-take over period.

A more interesting post might be those players we expected little of, but delivered either in spades - Banarbia, or did crucial things at crucial periods such as Emile Mpenza - scoring vital goals during the later part of 2006-07 season being good examples.

Fowler and McManaman.

Sibierski.

Kolarov.

Bravo.

Mahrez.

Mahrez is not overrated. Don’t get me wrong.. he’s not one of my favourites but I’m not sure why as technically he is is absolutely sublime. Although I have never taken to him like some of our legends he is some player and he does work harder than I give him credit for. He’s an incredible footballer!

Mahrez is not overrated. Don’t get me wrong.. he’s not one of my favourites but I’m not sure why as technically he is is absolutely sublime. Although I have never taken to him like some of our legends he is some player and he does work harder than I give him credit for. He’s an incredible footballer!
Mahrez has the most incredible 1st touch of a footballer i’ve ever seen, the likes of messi included, genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.