Most overrated City player ever?

And club captain of the Champions
As I say, a genuine leader of men.

Andy Morrison was another

Mike Bearley was of the same mould. Not the best cricketer in England, but the best cricket playing leader.

That's how legends are made. The right men at the right time.

Jesus now he’s moved to Arsenal certainly becoming a candidate if we believe the media.

Paul Lake.
I remember watching him in all the youth games the year we won it, he played up front and looked like a traffic cone.

But I have to say when he came into the first team, I personally thought he was a wonderful player, he made the game look easy, always had time, never rushed, always the sign of a great player.

Sadly injuries destroyed his career so we would never get to judge, although with the state the club was in, he would not have been in our shirt for long, Swales would have sold at the first sight of cash.

Steve Daley, useless

I’d say he was slightly underrated if anything ( and I emphasise the ‘slightly’ bit )

He’s remembered almost exclusively for the ridiculous transfer fee and being useless. But I actually thought he was a fairly decent midfielder. No world beater obviously but decent enough. Just not £1.5 million decent.

I’d say he was slightly underrated if anything ( and I emphasise the ‘slightly’ bit )

He’s remembered almost exclusively for the ridiculous transfer fee and being useless. But I actually thought he was a fairly decent midfielder. No world beater obviously but decent enough. Just not £1.5 million decent.
All down to the amount paid and the weight of expectation.

Just like Jack Grealish, the Steve Daley fee was completely unrealistic, probably three times his 'actual value'. He didn't set the fee or pay the money.

I can still remember the sea of fans at Steve Daley's debut, all watching open-mouthed wondering what Swales had paid £1.4m for.

Unfortunately for Steve, that debut marked his card with fans for the rest of his career. He wasn't a 'bad' player, just an overpriced one.

Okay, I'm going to take a risk and say Phil Foden. Not the most overrated ever, but we as a fanbase definitely overrate how good he is right now because we mix it up with how good he could be in the future. His contribution so far has been equal to or lesser than many members of the squad but we talk like he's one of our key players. He's watched an awful lot of the last two seasons from the bench and yet has won two major awards over guys like Saka and Rice who are star players at their clubs. He's almost universally agreed to be better than Sterling, Mahrez or Jesus but his output doesn't really back that up at all, and I think he's more talented than any of them.

I say this because I can see us going down the path of the people who talk like Gascoigne was the best player of all time, and I don't really like the idea of him being crushed under the weight of pressure he didn't ask for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.