Most overrated player in English football

Ehhh...Don't think I agree with you on Walcott there. There are loads of clichés about his play and what he lacks - the main two being a footballing brain, and crossing ability - but I think with both, there's some truth in it.

He's a strange player, and I do like him, but I never think he'll reach the full potential that many of us first saw in him when he was 17/18. Sometimes he'd step up to a big game - Liverpool in the CL for instance - but other times he seems like another in a long line of bottlers.

What's his injury record like, by the way?

gooney said:
People saying Walcott is overrated are clueless. Walcott is very dangerous player. He's not the most talented player, but his speed makes him very dangerous and useful player.

A.Johnson has 4 goals and 3 assists in 24 games. Walcott has 7 goals and 6 assists in 20 games. I would never say he's a better overall player than Johnson, but I would say he's more dangerous and a great weapon to have.

Wilshere has become overrated, because the media is hyping him too much now because he's english. He's a kid with great talent and if he fulfil his potential he can become world class.

But we're a boring team, play with 3 def mid players, where as you play the best football known to man, i suppose Arsenal/Spurs are the footballs harlem globe trotters.

Wiltshire is a proper player though, i'd love him at City.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Ehhh...Don't think I agree with you on Walcott there. There are loads of clichés about his play and what he lacks - the main two being a footballing brain, and crossing ability - but I think with both, there's some truth in it.

He's a strange player, and I do like him, but I never think he'll reach the full potential that many of us first saw in him when he was 17/18. Sometimes he'd step up to a big game - Liverpool in the CL for instance - but other times he seems like another in a long line of bottlers.

He needs to improve on both things. But most importantly he needs a long period without injuries. Like i said he will never become a David Silva, he will be an outlet for the team and his pace makes him very useful player. Honestly he has 11 goals and 11 assist in 32 games this season, and he could have easily had 20+ goals if he was better finisher. Despite not being the smartest or technically great, he always end up with chances. Stay injury free and you have 20 goal a season player

gooney said:
Viva Rivaldo said:

He needs to improve on both things. But most importantly he needs a long period without injuries. Like i said he will never become a David Silva, he will be an outlet for the team and his pace makes him very useful player. Honestly he has 11 goals and 11 assist in 32 games this season, and he could have easily had 20+ goals if he was better finisher. Despite not being the smartest or technically great, he always end up with chances. Stay injury free and you have 20 goal a season player

Walcott seems to get alot of goals when you lot win 6-0, 5-0. i dont recall many important goals he has scored, i.e the winner or breaking the deadlock, i seem to remember him scoring against blackburn away thats about it.

gooney said:
People saying Walcott is overrated are clueless. Walcott is very dangerous player. He's not the most talented player, but his speed makes him very dangerous and useful player.

A.Johnson has 4 goals and 3 assists in 24 games. Walcott has 7 goals and 6 assists in 20 games. I would never say he's a better overall player than Johnson, but I would say he's more dangerous and a great weapon to have.

Wilshere has become overrated, because the media is hyping him too much now because he's english. He's a kid with great talent and if he fulfil his potential he can become world class.

Think you are doing a disservice to Wilshere, in him you have an already world class player who is going to get better and better. I'm sick of people always coming out with "he's just another hyped up english youngster" as if the praise and hype he is getting is just the english getting excited. Wilshere is class, a real top player and if i was Wenger, i'd sell Fabregas for £50m, get a decent keeper in, get a real goalscorer upfront, an actual defensive midfielder and a decent centre half and build the side around Wilshere as he's not going to go anywhere else is he? and you will start winning titles and champions leagues.

WNRH said:
gooney said:

Think you are doing a disservice to Wilshere, in him you have an already world class player who is going to get better and better. I'm sick of people always coming out with "he's just another hyped up english youngster" as if the praise and hype he is getting is just the english getting excited. Wilshere is class, a real top player and if i was Wenger, i'd sell Fabregas for £50m, get a decent keeper in, get a real goalscorer upfront, an actual defensive midfielder and a decent centre half and build the side around Wilshere as he's not going to go anywhere else is he? and you will start winning titles and champions leagues.

Wilshere has 1 goal and 2 assists this season. You know what Cesc did when he was in Wilsheres age? 20 assists and 7 goals in 32 league games? I love Wilshere, but dont let the hype fool you. Cesc at the same age was much better overall player. Cesc went to places like Milan and Real madrid and put on man of the match performances and got us through in the CL. Wilshere is very talented kid, but do you know he has been subbed twice at half time by Wenger this season because he was struggling so much in some games, and we turned those games after he was subbed. The truth is Wilshere were never supposed to get so many games, both Ramsey and Diaby has had alot of injuries this season and never got going. Cesc has had alot of injuries as well. In July Wenger said he wasnt sure if he was gonna keep Wilshere or loan him out, but we had Diaby, Song, Denilson and Cesc all miss the whole pre season and thats how Wilshere got minutes early on, then he did well and stayed there

Think Wilshere's gonna be top, top quality myself and is Englands greatest hope. We've desperately needed a central midfielder like him with the technical ability and touch, skill and brain to link play up

John Terry!!...boy was I pleased when we did not sign him.

Looks totally lost without a good CB alongside him.....think of his performances without Carvallio...not looked good until Luiz arrived....I think he needs carrying.

oh and Smalling is worth a shout!!...played for anyone else and he would be seen as average...put a rag shirt on him and he's the next best thing!!!

Can we add Muntari. All the pundits big up Muntari because he went to Inter, he's dire. Average at Portsmouth and I didn't even he was playing the other day until he got took off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.