Most overrated player in English football

exiledblue1 said:
John Terry!!...boy was I pleased when we did not sign him.

Looks totally lost without a good CB alongside him.....think of his performances without Carvallio...not looked good until Luiz arrived....I think he needs carrying.

oh and Smalling is worth a shout!!...played for anyone else and he would be seen as average...put a rag shirt on him and he's the next best thing!!!

Sorry, but last season he was at Fulham, and people were tipping him for big things.

Unknown_Genius said:
Sorry, but last season he was at Fulham, and people were tipping him for big things.
I thought he was pretty shit at Fulham. He made high profile mistakes - most notably against Chelsea, and had a few other brainfarts.

To call him overrated is mental though; he's one of the best young CBs in the league. To step up and do so well in the games he's played is amazing.

Andouble said:
if English football you mean the league and not international:

Berbatov
Van der Vaart
Wilshere (good player don't get me wrong, but already tipped as the saviour, he isn't, at least not yet)
Essien

all four would get into our team though................................<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 pm --<br /><br />
banbury_blue said:
Who do you think is built up as being so amazing but you just aren't impressed with?

I think mine is Theo Walcott.. He has pace, and thats it, I just don't get the whole media frenzy with this lad? I thought Fabio made the right call not taking him to South Africa or is it just that I don't like him as I feel he is a threat Adam Johnsons international career?

Yes ha has the occasional good game but he never seems to show much consistancy

Gareth Barry...................

ANY1aBLUE said:
Andouble said:
if English football you mean the league and not international:

Berbatov
Van der Vaart
Wilshere (good player don't get me wrong, but already tipped as the saviour, he isn't, at least not yet)
Essien

all four would get into our team though................................

-- Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 pm --

banbury_blue said:
Who do you think is built up as being so amazing but you just aren't impressed with?

I think mine is Theo Walcott.. He has pace, and thats it, I just don't get the whole media frenzy with this lad? I thought Fabio made the right call not taking him to South Africa or is it just that I don't like him as I feel he is a threat Adam Johnsons international career?

Yes ha has the occasional good game but he never seems to show much consistancy

Gareth Barry...................

I do go along with Barry, he does what he does very well.. He was built up in the summer as being Englands saviour in holding midfield.. something he has never done in his career

Terry
Hart
Gibson
Carrick

And then you have players who are overrated because they do not deserve to be rated at all.
The likes of..
Paul McShane
Titus Bramble
The fact that they manage to play profesional football should give home to any average pub footballer. On their bad days they are two of the worst players I've ever seen. (Might be a slight exageration but they get on my nerves beyond words.)

Chairman Wesker said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
Do you know anything about football? Fair enough you list most of United's players, that's to be expected, but Scholes? Really? That's like me listing Kompany.

what scholes now? yes i think hes massivly over rated as he is now. fucking question me on my knowledge of football when youve got your ufea licesnces come back and tell me that.

Totally agreed. SCHOLES is definitely overated and overhyped by the media especially by SSN and United's sycophants.
Asked yourself why on the national team was he behind the pecking order Gerard, Lampard et al if he is that 'good and a genius'?
A footballer who can't tackle given 'licence' to take opponents down most times from behind and yes get away SCOT free on the domestic front. Then you wonder why he gets red carded on the continent for the same offence.
Actually it was his red carded performance at the Super Cup against Zenit which convinced most of us that he is a 'cheat' rather than being 'cheeky' as excused by our jingoistic commentators.
Oh yes he is a 'cherry picker' thats why his passes are hailed as 'brilliant' and overhyped. Trust me at my age I can even duplicate those passes and so does many of us. All we need is to be surrounded by better players at the receiving end and a repertoire of decent kicks.
In his last game against Arsenal he was subbed, in last 15 mins, to play 'agent provacateur' and to disrupt the flow and rhythm of the gunners from mounting any comeback. Oh yes he got away which by right he should have got a red card for his two-legged lunge at Nasri.
Of course I can understand if folks with red tinted lens see it differently. He is just an useful tool for managers like Fergie or clubs like United.

blueprint said:
Chairman Wesker said:
what scholes now? yes i think hes massivly over rated as he is now. fucking question me on my knowledge of football when youve got your ufea licesnces come back and tell me that.

Totally agreed. SCHOLES is definitely overated and overhyped by the media especially by SSN and United's sycophants.
Asked yourself why on the national team was he behind the pecking order Gerard, Lampard et al if he is that 'good and a genius'?
A footballer who can't tackle given 'licence' to take opponents down most times from behind and yes get away SCOT free on the domestic front. Then you wonder why he gets red carded on the continent for the same offence.
Actually it was his red carded performance at the Super Cup against Zenit which convinced most of us that he is a 'cheat' rather than being 'cheeky' as excused by our jingoistic commentators.
Oh yes he is a 'cherry picker' thats why his passes are hailed as 'brilliant' and overhyped. Trust me at my age I can even duplicate those passes and so does many of us. All we need is to be surrounded by better players at the receiving end and a repertoire of decent kicks.
In his last game against Arsenal he was subbed, in last 15 mins, to play 'agent provacateur' and to disrupt the flow and rhythm of the gunners from mounting any comeback. Oh yes he got away which by right he should have got a red card for his two-legged lunge at Nasri.
Of course I can understand if folks with red tinted lens see it differently. He is just an useful tool for managers like Fergie or clubs like United.
I see you conveniently didn't quote the myriad of comments I posted from some of the world's best players and managers praising him? You only see what you want to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.