Most overrated player in English football

Frank "why dont you have a shot" Lampard
Rodwell (never seen what the fuss is about)
Charlie (best corner taker ever) Adam
Chris Smalling !

I've said for a while that Patrice Evra is quite overrated. He's quite good but I don't think he's one of the best left backs in the world.

Wilshere is overrated to an extent, this is because of how desperate everybody is to find the next great English player who will help win us the World Cup and be our Pele. In Spain, he'd never get this much attention. Danny Welbeck is another, once again he's all right but I don't think he'll have a big impact at United or any of the other top clubs.

Motty said:
I've said for a while that Patrice Evra is quite overrated. He's quite good but I don't think he's one of the best left backs in the world.

Wilshere is overrated to an extent, this is because of how desperate everybody is to find the next great English player who will help win us the World Cup and be our Pele. In Spain, he'd never get this much attention. Danny Welbeck is another, once again he's all right but I don't think he'll have a big impact at United or any of the other top clubs.

I agree. Before Arsenal played Barcelona in the Champions League, Guardiola said when asked a question about Wilshere, that he has 5 Jack Wilshere type players in his B-team.

Unknown_Genius said:
I agree. Before Arsenal played Barcelona in the Champions League, Guardiola said when asked a question about Wilshere, that he has 5 Jack Wilshere type players in his B-team.

He played one of them against Villarreal in place of Xavi, a 19 year old called Thiago. He looks just as good as Wilshere and Fabregas. I do wonder if we shouldn't do what Arsenal and company are, poach from Barcelona youth and Barcelona B, some of the players who can't cut it at Barca (ie, Mikel Arteta) turn out to be fantastic players. We did get Assulin, though he had technically left Barca by then. If Jonathan dos Santos can't complete a breakthrough soon (he's on the fringes) and wants a move, we could go for him. Seems to be developing better than his brother Giovani.

LoveCity said:
Unknown_Genius said:

He played one of them against Villarreal in place of Xavi, a 19 year old called Thiago. He looks just as good as Wilshere and Fabregas. I do wonder if we shouldn't do what Arsenal and company are, poach from Barcelona youth and Barcelona B, some of the players who can't cut it at Barca (ie, Mikel Arteta) turn out to be fantastic players. We did get Assulin, though he had technically left Barca by then. If Jonathan dos Santos can't complete a breakthrough soon (he's on the fringes) and wants a move, we could go for him. Seems to be developing better than his brother Giovani.
Alcantara. He is a phenomenal prospect. And will be one of the best mids in 2 years. He was the one I wanted. And apparently we tried to get him and his brother, but Barca balked at the move :(
Alcantara, Dos Santos and Sergio Roberto are the latest Barcelona products, not to forget Rafa who was a year behind them but now plays for the B team. If I could, I'd have the 2 brothers.

Fair enough, I understand all the "there are X amount of players like Wilshere in Spain..." comments but the fact is, he played well against Barca, and outshone their midfielders for parts of the first leg. He's a fantastic prospect - perhaps overhyped by lots of people, but we don't get too many midfielders of his kind that are this good, this young.

People saying Walcott is overrated are clueless. Walcott is very dangerous player. He's not the most talented player, but his speed makes him very dangerous and useful player.

A.Johnson has 4 goals and 3 assists in 24 games. Walcott has 7 goals and 6 assists in 20 games. I would never say he's a better overall player than Johnson, but I would say he's more dangerous and a great weapon to have.

Wilshere has become overrated, because the media is hyping him too much now because he's english. He's a kid with great talent and if he fulfil his potential he can become world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.