Most pissed off you have been at a game.

Maybe not THE most pissed off but Coventry at Maine Road at start of 2000/2001 season comes to mind. Played shit and lost 2:1 against a team who we could and generally did beat . That was also the day Richard Edghill got a load of grief from the fans wasn't it?
We were basically always going down that season tbh( as were Coventry who finished below us. )
That relegation was about the only one where we weren't given false hope of surving on the last day from memory?
That was a horrible day. Imagine nowadays a lifelong blue getting so much shit he goes off the pitching crying at half time. He actually defended their second goal pretty well too, showed the striker to the outside but he finished well. If memory serves me right that striker was a very young but still brilliant Robbie Keane?

The Spurs FA Cup pitch invasion game, 93? Everything was set up and the fans buzzing, early goal, the loudest rendition of Blue Moon I've ever heard from the Kippax....and ended up typical City!

Relegation in 96 hurt as we seemed to have established ourselves as a PL team and had got over the worst.....little did we know then :)

0-1 loss to Bolton. Gary Speed penalty. Absolutely ridiculous result. If you were there you know.

other than that, the 4-3 Owen goal derby. Very upsetting. It was my grandma’s bday and we had to go out to a fancy Chinese in Alty. I couldn’t even speak. Day ruined. Anyway, she died 2 weeks later. I’ve never forgiven myself, or Owen, or the ref

The Spurs FA Cup pitch invasion game, 93? Everything was set up and the fans buzzing, early goal, the loudest rendition of Blue Moon I've ever heard from the Kippax....and ended up typical City!

Relegation in 96 hurt as we seemed to have established ourselves as a PL team and had got over the worst.....little did we know then :)
Oh the days of being excited about a FA cup quarter final. According to some on here we're heading back to those days. Crazy

Margetson and Pollock gifting QPR two goals.

Bournemouth 3-3

Wilkie giving the rags a pen after Uwe had put us one up in the FA Cup.

Any trip to Anfield

Losing 4-1 at Lincoln despite scoring in the first minute

Watching Laurent Charvet

Listening to Frank Clark post match interviews

Laporte getting injured dangling a leg

Sterling missing from a yard out

Being told Michael Frontzeck was a German international

Any match where Immel started instead of Coton

Attending any Villa away game with the West Midlands Thought Police present

Anytime Thierry Henry turned up as I thought I’d never see a player like him in a blue shirt

Nigel Clough

Can't remember the year but 2 goals by Quinn were cancelled out by 2 from Cantona.
Our good friend Roy Keane got the winner.

If my memory is correct Quinn missed a sitter to make it 3-0 early in the second half...I knew then we'd lose the game. Also the 5-0 at the swamp with Kanchelskis hattrick made me particulary angry.

Most pissed off at a derby though and by some distance was the Frontzeck ghost foul.

Countless last minute winners from those bastards, but the Owen one hurts the most, never seen the rule of extra time added for all subs since that game.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.