Most pissed off you have been at a game.

Every home game under Pearce during the 10 goals at home season.... Only time I've come close to not bothering renewing my season ticket in nearly 30 years that season, fucking woeful year that... Worse I thought than our relegation seasons.

Liverpool away in the league in 1974 I think. We were 3-0 down before half time and were being smashed to pieces. It was utterly humiliating. The only time I've ever left a match at half time.

The next year I stayed until the bitter end. Lost 4-1. Colin Bell scored our goal in injury time - from close to the half way line.

Usually it's the ones with the injustices rather than the ones where we're just shit. The one I remember as really pissing me off was that one against Spurs where Sterling was fouled but it wasn't given because he didn't flop to the floor, and then Spurs went straight up the other end and scored.
Thing about that was that absolutely everyone in the stadium saw it, except for the ref and the linesmen.

Choice of two.

Chelsea in 2016-2017. The one where KDB missed from a yard out when we were 1 up. Then the referee cheated on a galactic scale. Openly cheated, plain as day. I left the ground feeling the title was lost. It was.

Spurs in 2019-2020. That first appearance of VAR in our domestic game. Went home believing football was ruined. I've not changed my mind and rarely celebrate a goal these days believing it will somehow be chalked off for any apparent reason.

Wigan FA cup final. Awful awful experience. Travelled to and from the game with Wigan supporting father in law and brother in law. That journey back was hell. Wasn't just that though, the whole performance and situation that day stunk to high heaven. Never left a game as pissed off as I was then. As someone already said in this thread, it still haunts me to this day.
Horrible day and atmosphere as Mancini's departure and Pellegrini's arrival had been leaked. 530 KO didnt help.

Bournemouth at home in 1989. A win to send us up. 3 up at HT, party atmosphere, beach ball being passed round the stands. An early appearance of Fergie time as Bournemouth equalise with a pen in about the 95th minute. What a difference an hour makes, bit like rags home in 2018, left the ground fuming.

West Ham FA quarters 2006/7? was pretty fucking limp knowing we could get boro on the semis with a potential cup final !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.