Most pissed you have been at a game..

Strangely I have never been pissed at a game. It would have been nice under Pearce but I always drove to the games. Even a few Wembley visits I didn't drink much before hand, seems daft to fork out that much money and not remember an actual cup final.
I’m the exact same now, back in the 70s and 80s though it was a completely different story.

Gillingham at Wembley.

The night before, a couple of us decided to go for a couple of socials in the local. After a couple I was persuaded to to head up to Oldham for a couple and ended up in Tokyo Project. Bad idea as I met the lads I played football and some going to the game the day after. Shots started, songs started and you can guess the rest. I got in about 3 and the next thing I remember my Mum woke me up about 6, I was steaming still and had about half an hour to get a shower and onto the coach!

We got on the coach and there was bottles of vodka being passed around which brought me round a bit, but I was steaming. That kind of steaming where you don't get drunk anymore. We got to a pub near Wembley and I'd pretty much sobered up because of the adrenaline and the nerves. It was weird because the drinks were flowing and I bet we'd had a good 8 pints before the game! Once we were inside, the adrenaline meant I remember most of the game, particularly towards the shootout. My voice had gone partly with singing but a lot of booze had just nailed my voice ha ha!

Once we got back on the coach, I was exhausted and slept most of the way back but when we got back I had a house party to go to as we'd won the Play Off final and my united mates had got back from Barcelona. Great night, both teams had won their big games and of course, I didn't have an early one and carried on till the early hours....

I can't describe how I felt on Tuesday morning in work as I'd barely slept all weekend and blasted the ale and couldn't speak! Don't think I did anything for a week and felt awful for most of it as well.

Great weekend though, wouldn't swap it for anything!!
very similar to my day apart from kipping on the way home. Our coach rocked all the way up the m6 and i carried on for the the next week.

Other than the Bayern game, the Basel game is the most pissed I’ve been at a Euro away.

Flew to Zurich the day before the game With my lad and my best mate; got the train to Basel. Then had a relatively sedate night. Pissed, but not slaughtered. Found an amazing restaurant tbf. The schnitzel was amazing.

The day of the match we started drinking early. Saw @Ric, @squirtyflower @Danamy and I think @Rascal

Was utterly slaughtered by lunchtime. Carried on drinking heavily all afternoon and early evening. Late afternoon, those two (lad and mate) went back to the hotel; I went to find them about an hour before kick off and I found my mate walking around the corridors of the hotel naked. He looked very confused.

We still made the game and the seats were amazing. With a loads of blues in the Basel end. Near the front, close to the halfway line. Did well to land them. Great set of lads too. We were all on tv after the third City goal.

Carried on drinking after the game, and then got the train back to Zurich the next day - and met a mate who lives there for lunch. It was a great lunch too. Overlooking Lake Zurinch.

It was a brilliant trip. I miss those Euro always. One a season is enough, but they are such fun.
Brilliant.
Re Basle, near the end of the match I asked a copper if they were locking us in after. He was genuinely bemused 'why would we do that he said'
I was OK until we left the ground and returned to the bar opposite. I was on lager until I saw a waiter with drinks that were on fire, it was a strange conversation
'what's that'
Schnapps
What's schnapps
It's schnapps
But what's schnapps
This could have gone on for awhile but it was stopped when a London Blue bought me one.
So I bought them one, someone bought someone else, perhaps me one. Someone else, well you get the picture.
I still don't know what it is, Vodka?

Brilliant.
Re Basle, near the end of the match I asked a copper if they were locking us in after. He was genuinely bemused 'why would we do that he said'
I was OK until we left the ground and returned to the bar opposite. I was on lager until I saw a waiter with drinks that were on fire, it was a strange conversation
'what's that'
Schnapps
What's schnapps
It's schnapps
But what's schnapps
This could have gone on for awhile but it was stopped when a London Blue bought me one.
So I bought them one, someone bought someone else, perhaps me one. Someone else, well you get the picture.
its a fruit liqueur, mainly.

Brilliant.
'what's that'
Schnapps
What's schnapps
It's schnapps
But what's schnapps
It's a tarts drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.