Most pissed you have been at a game..

And then there was Basle, away. I flew into somewhere and had a couple of beers, met up with the London Blues and had more. We then went to a 'pub' right outside the ground and had even more but..... I stuck to my rule, dont be pissed before the match and was OK. After the match is different and we left the ground and went back to the same pub. After that it is a total blur, I am told we got on the wrong tram and ended up miles from where we should have been.
Apparently I tried flagging a taxi down whilst sat in the middle of the road. Fortunately the cop who got out saw the funny side and radioed for one. Well they both have lights on the roof, how was i to know !
If it wasnt for a brilliant London Blue who got me back to the apartment I think I would have frozen to death in the wasteland that is a Basle industrial estate.

So, a quick mention to all the the London Blues who have drunk with me in Turin, Basle and just about every other City we have visited these last few years. A better bunch of drunks you could not wish to meet.
Other than the Bayern game, the Basel game is the most pissed I’ve been at a Euro away.

Flew to Zurich the day before the game With my lad and my best mate; got the train to Basel. Then had a relatively sedate night. Pissed, but not slaughtered. Found an amazing restaurant tbf. The schnitzel was amazing.

The day of the match we started drinking early. Saw @Ric, @squirtyflower @Danamy and I think @Rascal

Was utterly slaughtered by lunchtime. Carried on drinking heavily all afternoon and early evening. Late afternoon, those two (lad and mate) went back to the hotel; I went to find them about an hour before kick off and I found my mate walking around the corridors of the hotel naked. He looked very confused.

We still made the game and the seats were amazing. With a loads of blues in the Basel end. Near the front, close to the halfway line. Did well to land them. Great set of lads too. We were all on tv after the third City goal.

Carried on drinking after the game, and then got the train back to Zurich the next day - and met a mate who lives there for lunch. It was a great lunch too. Overlooking Lake Zurinch.

It was a brilliant trip. I miss those Euro always. One a season is enough, but they are such fun.

Other than the Bayern game, the Basel game is the most pissed I’ve been at a Euro away.

Flew to Zurich the day before the game With my lad and my best mate; got the train to Basel. Then had a relatively sedate night. Pissed, but not slaughtered. Found an amazing restaurant tbf. The schnitzel was amazing.

The day of the match we started drinking early. Saw @Ric, @squirtyflower @Danamy and I think @Rascal

Was utterly slaughtered by lunchtime. Carried on drinking heavily all afternoon and early evening. Late afternoon, those two (lad and mate) went back to the hotel; I went to find them about an hour before kick off and I found my mate walking around the corridors of the hotel naked. He looked very confused.

We still made the game and the seats were amazing. With a loads of blues in the Basel end. Near the front, close to the halfway line. Did well to land them. Great set of lads too. We were all on tv after the third City goal.

Carried on drinking after the game, and then got the train back to Zurich the next day - and met a mate who lives there for lunch. It was a great lunch too. Overlooking Lake Zurinch.

It was a brilliant trip. I miss those Euro always. One a season is enough, but they are such fun.
You must have been pissed if you saw me, i didn't go that one :))

West brom away just after we sold them Garry Owen nearly got a kicking off blues for singing .

There's only one Garry Owen after he scored 2

Probably easier to say which game was i sober at.

Bad was Swansea away for an early sunday Ko. I got through the turnstile and then the coppers inside just laughed at me and said who are you kidding and chucked me out.

Chelsea Full Members Cup. Fell asleep on the terraces. Woke up for the last 5 minutes and thought we had won.

Charlton away, too pissed to get through the turnstile, watched it on teletext in the Con Club by the ground

Seville, chucked out, pissed

Liverpool, Chucked out pissed

Atalanta, too pissed to get up the roundy roundy bits at the san siro so went back the bar. Woke up in a car park at 5am by Italian paramedics

Madrid, pissed got in removed from the ground and watched in a bar

Shaktar, mindless, flight home was like a zoo

Arsenal Charity shield, asleep whole game

Forest, went out the wrong exit of the pub, saw a bus with trent bridge on it got on and it had just passed the ground, ended up back in the city centre in the Old Jerusalem, mindless

OT chucked out pissed

Huddersfield chucked out pissed

Maine Road chucked out pissed

Schalke, looked like a scene out of the Walking dead

Munich, my mate lost his shoes @andyhinch

Everton New Years day, in the Coffee House at 12 bells with my Everton mates on champers. Don't know how i got home.

Southampton, on the midnight, first train out of Waterloo to Southampton, then boozing on the ferry to the IOW at 9am, back to Southampton, in the pub, jibbed the special home. Didnt go the match, too pissed.

Burnley got head butted by a police horse and had my cans taken from me by the copper. Dont remember getting in.

Norwich, time we stayed in Great Yarmouth. Chaotic

Palace, ended up gate crashing a wedding in Islington, head in the curry bowl. My mate claiming he was a friend of the brides cousin.

Hearts V Rangers at Hampden, with a load of Hearts all day in Glasgow, terrifying.

England v Scotland at Wembley, with the Hearts mob again, fucking ridiculous amount of whisky drunk.

Oxford away, i was actually driving the van that day and sober, but it was the drunkest most foolish day i have witnessed being a blue. I could write a book about it, it was insane from leaving Manchester til we got home.

Probably easier to say which game was i sober at.

Bad was Swansea away for an early sunday Ko. I got through the turnstile and then the coppers inside just laughed at me and said who are you kidding and chucked me out.

Chelsea Full Members Cup. Fell asleep on the terraces. Woke up for the last 5 minutes and thought we had won.

Charlton away, too pissed to get through the turnstile, watched it on teletext in the Con Club by the ground

Seville, chucked out, pissed

Liverpool, Chucked out pissed

Atalanta, too pissed to get up the roundy roundy bits at the san siro so went back the bar. Woke up in a car park at 5am by Italian paramedics

Madrid, pissed got in removed from the ground and watched in a bar

Shaktar, mindless, flight home was like a zoo

Arsenal Charity shield, asleep whole game

Forest, went out the wrong exit of the pub, saw a bus with trent bridge on it got on and it had just passed the ground, ended up back in the city centre in the Old Jerusalem, mindless

OT chucked out pissed

Huddersfield chucked out pissed

Maine Road chucked out pissed

Schalke, looked like a scene out of the Walking dead

Munich, my mate lost his shoes @andyhinch

Everton New Years day, in the Coffee House at 12 bells with my Everton mates on champers. Don't know how i got home.

Southampton, on the midnight, first train out of Waterloo to Southampton, then boozing on the ferry to the IOW at 9am, back to Southampton, in the pub, jibbed the special home. Didnt go the match, too pissed.

Burnley got head butted by a police horse and had my cans taken from me by the copper. Dont remember getting in.

Norwich, time we stayed in Great Yarmouth. Chaotic

Palace, ended up gate crashing a wedding in Islington, head in the curry bowl. My mate claiming he was a friend of the brides cousin.

Hearts V Rangers at Hampden, with a load of Hearts all day in Glasgow, terrifying.

England v Scotland at Wembley, with the Hearts mob again, fucking ridiculous amount of whisky drunk.

Oxford away, i was actually driving the van that day and sober, but it was the drunkest most foolish day i have witnessed being a blue. I could write a book about it, it was insane from leaving Manchester til we got home.
I think it was more, I was incapable of putting them on :-))))
Edit, I’m blaming the barman he didn’t want us to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.