most powerful photos ever taken

TheLegendOfBerti said:
m27 said:
Would I be correct in stating that Kenneth Noye was allegedly involved in this? Not on his own though.

what is that?

It was an underworld assassination.

"In January 1998, Jack Whomes and Michael 'Mick' Steele were jailed for life for the notorious December 1995 Rettendon triple murder of Essex drug dealers, Pat Tate, Tony Tucker, and Craig Rolfe.

The burly trio were blasted to death in Tucker's Range Rover after being lured down a lonely Essex farm road. Based primarily on evidence provided by police supergrass, Darren Nichols in May 1996, it was accepted at the trial of Whomes and Steele that the pair had engineered the homicides due to a recent feud over narcotics distribution.

It was alleged that Steele, acting in a friendly capacity had climbed into the vehicle as it slowed to a halt on the remote snow-covered Rettendon farm track and guided the unsuspecting men to their deaths. As the vehicle stopped at a closed farm gate, Whomes is supposed to have stepped out of the trees and decimated all three victims with a shotgun. "

But I stand corrected if I'm mistaken.

If i was absolutley honest, people say when things like that happen, it's like slow motion. In this case it was the opposite, i remember seeing the plane, and as i'd never been on one at that time, wishing i was on it. That is the reason i was looking at it. Then cars bursting into flames in front of us. We stopped then every one sat in silence, hoping nothing would hit the coach. (that was the slow motion bit)

glen quagmire said:
If i was absolutley honest, people say when things like that happen, it's like slow motion. In this case it was the opposite, i remember seeing the plane, and as i'd never been on one at that time, wishing i was on it. That is the reason i was looking at it. Then cars bursting into flames in front of us. We stopped then every one sat in silence, hoping nothing would hit the coach. (that was the slow motion bit)

Were there casualties in the vehicles in front and behind you?

Poverty.jpg

m27 said:
glen quagmire said:

Were there casualties in the vehicles in front and behind you?

TBH, i'm not 100% sure. The way the fire fell was surreal, like a blanket. I do know that the blue chevette's driver was ok as he was on our coach about half an our afterwards, telling everyone that he pulled over when he saw the flash, and ran southwards along the motorway hard shoulder, when the fire fell. He just kept saying i'd be dead if i hadn't got out and ran, over and over to the driver.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
m27 said:
Would I be correct in stating that Kenneth Noye was allegedly involved in this? Not on his own though.

what is that?

Essex Boys Rettendon Murders.
The thing that this says to me, No matter how big or hard you are there is always someone able to beat you.
These 3 guys were nasty pieces of work, suppose you could say bully's who thought they were on top of the game, clearly not.
Loads of stories and theories about who done them in and I myself think the only people that know are the ones that did it.

Big G said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
what is that?

Essex Boys Rettendon Murders.
The thing that this says to me, No matter how big or hard you are there is always someone able to beat you.
These 3 guys were nasty pieces of work, suppose you could say bully's who thought they were on top of the game, clearly not.
Loads of stories and theories about who done them in and I myself think the only people that know are the ones that did it.

Very nasty pieces of work indeed.

I remember reading the whole story with interest when it happened but then I was reading Kenneth Noye's biography (unauthorised of course) a few years ago and it is detailed at length in there.

I'd thoroughly recommend that book to anyone by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.