Most underrated and overrated cricketer

Over rated: Mike Gatting - only got his chances because he was Middlesex captain (and Ramprakash was another who had more chances because of who he played for) he finally came good, well was above average for a couple of years, after years of watching him get out cheaply.

Under rated: Struggling a bit here because for decades as soon as we got a decent player he was lauded as the second coming (after Botham). So i will pop for Graham Onions, deserves more of a chance for me.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm --<br /><br />
Shands said:
Here's one for you. If you could pick any 11 to go and watch play who would you include?

Mine would be:

Michael Slater
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Aravinda De Silva
Damian Martyn
Vinod Kambli
AB De Villiers (wk)
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose
James Anderson
Mutiah Muralitharan

Pay to watch

Sehwag
Greenidge
Gower
Lara
Richards
Gilchrist
Botham
Flintoff
Warne
Akram
Marshall

Derek Pringle. How did he ever play for England. It was almost cruel watching him bowl to Viv Richards.

Shands said:
Here's one for you. If you could pick any 11 to go and watch play who would you include?

Mine would be:

Michael Slater
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Aravinda De Silva
Damian Martyn
Vinod Kambli
AB De Villiers (wk)
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose
James Anderson
Mutiah Muralitharan

In a test match for excitement it would be

Gordon Greenidge
Roy Fredericks
KP
Sir Viv
Lara
Botham
Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Richard Hadlee
Warne
Holding

Rascal said:
Shands said:

Mine would be:

Michael Slater
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Aravinda De Silva
Damian Martyn
Vinod Kambli
AB De Villiers (wk)
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose
James Anderson
Mutiah Muralitharan

In a test match for excitement it would be

Gordon Greenidge
Roy Fredericks
KP
Sir Viv
Lara
Botham
Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Richard Hadlee
Warne
Holding

Very similar to mine - you have KP, i have the elegance of Gower. You have Hadlee i have gone for Freddie, yours a much better cricketer however Freddie had that thing for getting the crowd going much like Botham. Holding/Marshall/Garner is another i could pick any of them on any different day. I went Sehwag, as Fredericks was a bit before my time.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
I went Sehwag, as Fredericks was a bit before my time.

I went Fredericks basically for one innings in Perth

He was short and Lillie and Tomo thought they could bounce him out.

Major fail

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2jOGgY_48[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm --<br /><br />A bit more of Roy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c90Cvm_a30k[/youtube]

Over rated Ashley Giles hows he involved in the england set up now??

Under rated got to be Glenn Chapple how he didnt pick up a rake of caps at one day and test level when as a nation at the time of his prime were pretty shite is beyond me

Rascal said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
I went Sehwag, as Fredericks was a bit before my time.

I went Fredericks basically for one innings in Perth

He was short and Lillie and Tomo thought they could bounce him out.

Major fail

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih2jOGgY_48[/youtube]

-- Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm --

A bit more of Roy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c90Cvm_a30k[/youtube]

Thanks for those Rasc, liked the Ian Chappell one and watching him, very much like Lara, when pulling and cover driving, Lara had a higher pick up though. Lara listed him, Gower and Border as his idols growing up in an interview i once saw.

Chappell talking about that series reminded me of Fire in Babylon. Probably the best cricket film i have seen, i highly recommend it to any cricket lover who hasnt seen it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.