Most underrated and overrated cricketer

Causeway_Boy said:
Underrated - Michael Atherton/Mike Smith/Will Gidman
Overrated - Stuart Broad/Beefy/Flintoff

Botham over rated are you sure? Fastest to 100 wickets and 1000 runs, fastest to 200 wickets and 2000 runs and 300 wickets and 3000 runs. Was world record holder for most wickets for a time. A great slip fielder standing closer than most others. Won match after match, doing things others could only dream of, it wasnt just his stats but how he did it.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Causeway_Boy said:

Botham over rated are you sure? Fastest to 100 wickets and 1000 runs, fastest to 200 wickets and 2000 runs and 300 wickets and 3000 runs. Was world record holder for most wickets for a time. A great slip fielder standing closer than most others. Won match after match, doing things others could only dream of, it wasnt just his stats but how he did it.

I'm sorry but my opinion is based on that I dislike him as a person.
He was certainly a 'match winner'; but I genuinely think his career is over hyped.

Causeway_Boy said:
Causeway_Boy said:

He was certainly a 'match winner'; but I genuinely think his career is over hyped.

Dislike him as a person by all means but in an era of great allrounders he was the best

He played at the same time as other all round greats such as Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee, Kapil Dev and he was the best.

His 5 for 1 at Edgbaston in 81 is legendary

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSDvdgTOzg[/youtube]

Rascal said:
Causeway_Boy said:

Dislike him as a person by all means but in an era of great allrounders he was the best

He played at the same time as other all round greats such as Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee, Kapil Dev and he was the best.

Oh I am not disputing that performance in '81. It's a shame Bob Willis isn't given more credit for that series.

Causeway_Boy said:
Oh I am not disputing that performance in '81. It's a shame Bob Willis isn't given more credit for that series.

I give Willis just as much credit for 81 as he was magnificent but Botham was on another level

I also give Brearly the most credit as possibly the worst batsman to ever play for England but without doubt our greatest captain.

Rascal said:
Causeway_Boy said:

I give Willis just as much credit for 81 as he was magnificent but Botham was on another level

I also give Brearly the most credit as possibly the worst batsman to ever play for England but without doubt our greatest captain.

Yeah Brearly's batting average was that of a tail ender!

Causeway_Boy said:
Rascal said:
Causeway_Boy said:

Botham was amazing, if you dont like him thats one thing, i hated Glenn McGrath, with a passion, but i wouldnt call him over rated because of a personal disliking. How can you dispute Botham's numbers? How many people could say they took the most wickets in test cricket when they retired?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.