Most underrated and overrated cricketer

neel

Hello, with Hoggard retiring, I felt that he was an one of most underrated English cricketer ...who according to u guys was most underrated and most overrate cricketer n your best 11 team you will pay for watch

Maybe Matthew Hoggard didn't get the media plaudits.

I am sure his England colleagues would tell a different story as he held the bowling attack together at times.

For me, Simon Jones was always underrated and but for injuries .......

As for overrated, Ronnie Irani. No doubt whatsoever.

Allan Lamb was someone who always used to annoy me and probably got more credit than I thought he deserved.

It seemed like his whole test career consisted of a run of low scores that had questions asked about his place. Then just when he was on the verge of being dropped, he'd score exactly a 100 and go back on the piss for the rest of the summer.

Right at the end of his test career he had a knock approaching 150 but before that his highest ever score was something like 108, dispute scoring maybe 15 tons. I think that says a lot about a batsman and how much he was playing for himself/ the team.

Underrated? Fuck knows. Frank Hayes?

Scored a century on his test debut. Then got mullered by the great Windies and never got another look in.

Strangely enough

Ian Botham candidate for both

ooh err controversial

tidyman said:
Allan Lamb was someone who always used to annoy me and probably got more credit than I thought he deserved.

It seemed like his whole test career consisted of a run of low scores that had questions asked about his place. Then just when he was on the verge of being dropped, he'd score exactly a 100 and go back on the piss for the rest of the summer.

Right at the end of his test career he had a knock approaching 150 but before that his highest ever score was something like 108, dispute scoring maybe 15 tons. I think that says a lot about a batsman and how much he was playing for himself/ the team.

Underrated? Fuck knows. Frank Hayes?

Scored a century on his test debut. Then got mullered by the great Windies and never got another look in.

But he was good enough to score 3 centuries on one series in 1984 against one of the strongest ever bowling attacks.

Simon Jones was England's leading wicket taker in the 2005 Ashes series against Australia - at the time they were one of the greatest ever test teams.

Derek Pringle should never have played county cricket never mind test cricket. My dog has got better technique than him

Most overated bat - Nasser Hussain. 96 tests and only Avg 37 with 14 100s

Most underated bat - Dennis Amiss 50 tests avg 46 with 11 100s

plongo said:
Strangely enough

Ian Botham candidate for both

ooh err controversial

As someone who grew up in the West Country watching Beefy play for Somerset, I'll certainly vouch for the controversial nature of the 'overrated' part of the statement. The bloke was a bit of a twat, but as a cricketer he was consistently very good and occasionally majestic in a way that few other English players have ever come close to.....and that with both bat and ball.

Here's one for you. If you could pick any 11 to go and watch play who would you include?

Mine would be:

Michael Slater
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Aravinda De Silva
Damian Martyn
Vinod Kambli
AB De Villiers (wk)
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose
James Anderson
Mutiah Muralitharan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.