Most underrated City player?

Is this because he is under-rated and better than what we think he is or is it because of a questionable transfer policy over the past few years which has seen us time and again address the wrong areas of the pitch?

It is because he is better than we think. Very doubtful three managers would fail to bring a replacement in over a period of 6 years if he was as bad as many think. Every other position has had reinforcenents.

Delph. Some people think he warrants a place on the bench.

Navas, Kolarov and Fernando are the most underrated imo, constantly scapegoated for everything that goes wrong but they're reliable and good squad players.

Kolarov is also arguably the centre half with the best passing ability we have at centre half. The much vaunted passing of John stones passing has not been as consistent or with the the variation compared to Kolo.

It did my head in against Southampton when SS3 jumped on him after one bad pass when he was the one trying to be progressive.

Kolarov is also arguably the centre half with the best passing ability we have at centre half. The much vaunted passing of John stones passing has not been as consistent or with the the variation compared to Kolo.

It did my head in against Southampton when SS3 jumped on him after one bad pass when he was the one trying to be progressive.
Think Vinny can be better with a run of games but there's no guarantee of that ever happening again.

Think Vinny can be better with a run of games but there's no guarantee of that ever happening again.

I do not think there will be an issue with Vinnys passing if he plays regularly. Not sure he could switch it like Kolo but confident he could play between the lines and not scared to bring it out when the situations allows.

I do not think there will be an issue with Vinnys passing if he plays regularly. Not sure he could switch it like Kolo but confident he could play between the lines and not scared to bring it out when the situations allows.
He used to do a lot of it along with some devastating bursts into midfield up to the 13/14 season, the passing will come back but I'm not sure I'd like to see him risking those sprints anymore if I'm honest.

Kolorov. Apparently considered useless by many but chosen regularly by the last three managers and lasted 6 years at the club.
I actually really like Kolarov, think he's alright, nowt special but decent most of the time and i think he's been really good at centre half this season. Don't get why people don't rate him.

From outside our fanbase, Fernandinho is the most underrated. Just like Barry was when he was here

Overrated: Fernandinho. Now hold on, I adore him but i have seen people on here describe him as the best midfielder in the world. For me he has been poor at times recently but rarely catches any stick. To be fair, he has earned that respect for his incredible effort. Tin hat firmly on.
Navas: wonderful on the ball, works hard, but he is a winger with 0 end product. Think bravo will score before him.
Underrated: delph: decent little player, suffers from the classic english syndrome of not being as good as our other midfielders.
fernando: monster on his day. 100% every game and his passing is coming on leaps and bounds.
kolarov: from the sublime to the ridiculous but clearly a talented player. Midfield role would suit him.
Bravo: hasnt had chance to impress because despite the bullshit, pep has improved our defence massively.

I actually really like Kolarov, think he's alright, nowt special but decent most of the time and i think he's been really good at centre half this season. Don't get why people don't rate him.

From outside our fanbase, Fernandinho is the most underrated. Just like Barry was when he was here

I was shocked when Shearer said the 'only world class player is Aguero in the Prem' and then Neville said ' Hazard and Costa are up there with Aguero and Silva as the best players. Crazily it suggests to me KDB is underrated as I think he is now our best player.

He used to do a lot of it along with some devastating bursts into midfield up to the 13/14 season, the passing will come back but I'm not sure I'd like to see him risking those sprints anymore if I'm honest.

Or jump as there was a 'heart in mouth' moment when he came on and played upfront against Everton.

Hopefully after he plays a few games those worries will reduce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.