Most underrated City player?

I'd go for Richards. A great defender now. Perhaps it 'cos of his recent injuries and not being able to play a full season.

Jolean Lescott and Nigel de Jong are our most underrated players. Milner is underrated too, but not as much as the other two.

Barry was underrated in previous years but now he's overrated. He's just a good steady player, always has been.

danburge82 said:
Jolean Lescott and Nigel de Jong are our most underrated players. Milner is underrated too, but not as much as the other two.

Barry was underrated in previous years but now he's overrated. He's just a good steady player, always has been.

Overrated? How if I may ask?

alky313 said:
Nigel de Jong is overrated.

Great player. Maybe he was inexpendable. But not this year. In a passing possession team he looks like the odd man out when on the ball. If City are to win the league and someday Champions League it won't be because we have Nigel to thank for covering our defensive woes. He is a wonderful player and we owe last years honors to him. But like Tevez, a team can always move on and move forward.

So you know this? He's played 60 minutes of the season and on that basis you can't have enough evidence to prove this. Therefore De Jong IS still pivotal to our team unlike Tevez.

On to topic:
Underrated last year - Dzeko
Underrated this year by City fans - Kolorov
Underrated by other fans - Zabba

Overrated last year - Balotelli
Overrated this year - Barry (Don't get we wrong, deserves praise but some people are getting a little giddy with it)
Overrated by other fans - A Johnson

Most underrated has to be barry, everyone who isnt a blue just see's him as a fat and slow midfielder, he has been a massive part of our games so far

most overrated is AJ, i've said it so many times, people go on like he is going to be the next best winger in the world but i really dont see it, good impact sub, thats it.

TrueBlueSte said:
Most underrated has to be barry, everyone who isnt a blue just see's him as a fat and slow midfielder, he has been a massive part of our games so far

most overrated is AJ, i've said it so many times, people go on like he is going to be the next best winger in the world but i really dont see it, good impact sub, thats it.

Pretty much this but I think underrate Milner aswell! Great CM a run of games and hes got everything in his locker.

I find it a bit unsettling to be honest, how Yaya has risen from being average to poor in the eyes of BM fans to being suddenly described by some as one of the best. I remember not too long ago spending hours arguing he was doing a fantastic job, and getting very little love.

Kolarov better saddle up and score a goal against Trashford and watch his stock rise like a pheonix on BM. If were ever good enough to play for CIty, my only goal will be to score a winner against them at Old trashford. And I can walk the City for life getting free gifts :P

I want to be Yaya. And I used to be almost as good :(

When he was bad :P

Gareth Barry had to do the work of 2 players against spurs when there was no De Jong.
He makes up for his lack of pace with superb reading of the game and positioning. Quality tackler and header of the ball. One of our key players imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.