Most underrated City player?

Challenger1978 said:
Most overrated player we have imo is Joe Hart. Don't get me wrong he is a good player and has the potential to be world class. I just think he needs a couple more years under his belt experience wise (CL i mean against the best).

Most underrated player well that's a bloody hard one to pick. Its a toss up for me between Lescott or Balotelli. Balotelli might be a controversial choice but the lad is pure class its just a shame all the weird shit he gets up to takes the shine of the good things he does on the pitch. Personally i hope he sorts is head out or he could end up as another Anelka.

Really? I would say Hart may not have experience but he , along with our defense, was the reason we had so much clean sheets. Hart has saved us countless times against Tottenham, Man Utd ( F.A Cup semi) and don't forget that save he made against Jones in the final. He may be young and make the occasional slip up but seriously this guy has been consistent and for his young age he will only get better. I'm not saying he is the most underrated player in City but we could do a lot worse E.G David De Gea :)

lescott, barry and milner would have them in the team anyday

Underrated: Yaya Touré/Richards

Overrated: Barry (by City fans) and dare I say it, Tévez?

As much as I love him (when he's on the pitch with his mouth shut!) I can't help thinking that he's a bit too greedy, he's a hit and miss finisher and he can't take a penalty. Don't get me wrong, he does everything else brilliantly and his workrate is phenomenal, it may be because I know he's going soon, but I think that even last year before Agüero, Džeko and Nasri he was by no means our best/most talented player...

*Extreme tin hat moment*

;)

The most underrated player by City fans WAS Barry. Now it is probably Kolarov.

The most overrated player is NOT Lescott. Half of City supporters don't rate him, and the half that does, rate him as a partnership. Hence the "he has formed a good partnership with Komps" comment that almost always follows a Lescott defense.

But reading the thread, the most overrated is clearly obvious. Nigel De Jong is CLEARLY the most overrated City player by CIty fans. I might even suggests, responses that follow mine would probably indirectly confirm this.

Balotelli too WAS clearly overrated at some point, but many if not most blues have readjusted their appraisal of him. Ditto Adam Johnson. Who by the way might be the most overrated City player by other non CIty fans.

Tevez is NOT overrated. Yes! He is highly rated. But that is because he has delivered. REPEATEDLY and thus deserves his rating.

There! I said it :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.