Most underrated City player?

Dax777 said:
The most underrated player by City fans WAS Barry. Now it is probably Kolarov.

The most overrated player is NOT Lescott. Half of City supporters don't rate him, and the half that does, rate him as a partnership. Hence the "he has formed a good partnership with Komps" comment that almost always follows a Lescott defense.

But reading the thread, the most overrated is clearly obvious. Nigel De Jong is CLEARLY the most overrated City player by CIty fans. I might even suggests, responses that follow mine would probably indirectly confirm this.

Balotelli too WAS clearly overrated at some point, but many if not most blues have readjusted their appraisal of him. Ditto Adam Johnson. Who by the way might be the most overrated City player by other non CIty fans.

Tevez is NOT overrated. Yes! He is highly rated. But that is because he has delivered. REPEATEDLY and thus deserves his rating.

There! I said it :)

Balotelli's a wonderkid; he's not a wonder. Yet. NDJ was absolutely crucial to the defensive record last season. I guess people seem to think he's Overrated because of the different work DMs like him have to do.It would've been a far different story last season had we had even a good player in that position.

I agree absolutely with AJ, it's mostly due to the england setup (E.G. vs denmark) where he did pretty well amongst many.

Obviously we all know he's quality, but Silva should get MUCH more praise from people in football generally.

cityisOURS said:
Obviously we all know he's quality, but Silva should get MUCH more praise from people in football generally.

I'd have agreed with you last season, but I think he is getting the recognition he so richly deserves now. We'll see if that translates into more starts for Spain (not just for friendlies-huge task I know) and onto the short list for PL Player of the Year.

Back on topic:
Underrated-Zabaleta (how I wish everyone was as dedicated as he is on and off the pitch)

Overrated-Lescott. Lord help me b/c I like him, but I get nervous when he's 1:1. He has had his moments, but Vince and co. have had to bail him out 1 too many times.

keemcfc said:
redmizzle said:
If you're saying underrated then THIS. this, just THIS.
I don'y see how this can be true. I know not of a single City fan who doesn't rate Zab. So how can a player who is rated by every fan be the most underrated?

To be underrated, doesn't there have to be a size-able (or at least vocal) minority of fans who don't rate him? There is no such group, so I find it hard to call him underrated.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:33 pm --<br /><br />
hecandothatfromrange said:
Dax777 said:
The most underrated player by City fans WAS Barry. Now it is probably Kolarov.

The most overrated player is NOT Lescott. Half of City supporters don't rate him, and the half that does, rate him as a partnership. Hence the "he has formed a good partnership with Komps" comment that almost always follows a Lescott defense.

But reading the thread, the most overrated is clearly obvious. Nigel De Jong is CLEARLY the most overrated City player by CIty fans. I might even suggests, responses that follow mine would probably indirectly confirm this.

Balotelli too WAS clearly overrated at some point, but many if not most blues have readjusted their appraisal of him. Ditto Adam Johnson. Who by the way might be the most overrated City player by other non CIty fans.

Tevez is NOT overrated. Yes! He is highly rated. But that is because he has delivered. REPEATEDLY and thus deserves his rating.

There! I said it :)

Balotelli's a wonderkid; he's not a wonder. Yet. NDJ was absolutely crucial to the defensive record last season. I guess people seem to think he's Overrated because of the different work DMs like him have to do.It would've been a far different story last season had we had even a good player in that position.

I agree absolutely with AJ, it's mostly due to the england setup (E.G. vs denmark) where he did pretty well amongst many.

I don't disagree with the bolded, nor do I think he is not a good player. Mata of fact I think he is a great player, yet I still believe he is overrated. His influence on the outcome of games are often overstated. He is a no nonsense hardman with a crisp pass, and limited vision. He is combative (fantastically so) hard to dribble, reads the game well defensively, and is great in the air for someone so short.

But his movement as a DM are average, he is very slow (even though no one says it) and he is not a great connector of defense to offense. But these kinds of comments will easily catch you hell from City fans, and for that reason, I think he is overrated. More so than anyone else at City. But I am certain 90% of BM will disagree with me.

Nigel de Jong is overrated.

Great player. Maybe he was inexpendable. But not this year. In a passing possession team he looks like the odd man out when on the ball. If City are to win the league and someday Champions League it won't be because we have Nigel to thank for covering our defensive woes. He is a wonderful player and we owe last years honors to him. But like Tevez, a team can always move on and move forward.

Underrated? I'd go with Richards. He is the best right back in the Prem and will soon join the conversation with the likes of Alves.

its barry,whenever city sign a player people think its the end of barry first team chance.even thow he is one of the first starters for city.now it seems yaya and de jong will be competing in a place and barry is fixed in his(we normally play with 2 cmf or 2 dmf).
the other thing is i have always been of the idea thet yaya is a monster player .he is the best at the moment at what he does.(if you give bull the brain then its yaya toure).how ever many fans over here do not beleive so.at the start of previous season i always saw him providing at least 3 passes per game that striker just have a keeper to beat or a simple tapping in to be done.almost all this chances were wasted by other players.so yaya didnt got the assists
once swp was commenting' i have not expected such ball' it was from yaya
messi once called yaya a monster pure class
my point is proved by the fact that he scored such vital goals at about the end of the season.
this shows that he is very underrated too.
i even think he a class similar to messi.(of course he doesnt do the tricks of messi but even a 11 messi in a team will not win a major cup so he is similar to messi in his position) .pure monster

Easily Milner or Kolarov.

NDJ, while I don't see that he is overrated by City fans, he is neither overrated nor underrated.
Tevez is clearly NOT overrated.
Barry WAS underrated until recent comments, for some reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.