Most underrated player in Premier League history

Scholes, I mean what a player..even now.
I mean playing with a character like Roy Keane on one side and Ronaldo on the wing, you were never going to get much headlines, be it a Keane tackle or one of Ronaldo's goals/tricks/frees..etc.
But you can be a Cityfan to your blood and deep down into your bones, but there's little else you can do, but look in awe of that lad Scholes. I mean what a player.

Given, year after year, at Newcastle and with Ireland, outstanding over and over again.
He stood behind clown after clown, a list of defenders that included comedic "defenders" like Bramble and kept Newcastle in the Premiership year after year after year.
Never really got any attention or recognition unless he had beyond a blinder and Newcastle were diabolical at the same time like the Liverpool 5-1 game, with pundits saying how sorry they feel for the lad, and then you had the random rumours that he would sign for Arsenal..etc.
But then he moves to City and then all of a sudden he's amazing, he always has been. So consistent. Such a leader, and on outstanding player all round. But he was never really noticed. Not till now anyway.

Solskjaer, he'd work to the bone for you, get the goals when they were needed and was an incredible impact sub for a reason. Had a habit of being in the right place at the right time..not much to do with luck if you ask me.

Roy Keane, I didn't realise, and I don't think many did, how much of an impact he had on their play till he was gone. They still haven't replaced him.

Dunne, his lapse in concentration every now and then is what, imo, seperates him from being a world class defender, but he was great and rarely got the recogntion. Especially when Dunne was really doing it for City those years ago, when no one else was.

Robbie Keane, on his day..he'll fight to the death for ya and pull ya along with him.

Scott Parker, every now and then. He was an excellent leader. He'd pull his team along by the scruff of the head. No matter what, the lad was as tough as they come.

There's loads more, obviously....

Scott Parker, Dirk Kuyt, Bellers.

RE: OP. Rio?? Fuckin hell I think the exact opposite, so so overrated. As for Scholes, I think city fans admire his modesty, definitely not the normal trait of a rag. Cracking footballer too but doubt he'd have been as good anywhere else. Mainly due to Fergie, Giggs, Beckham, Butt and Keane(twat).

Is this a rag forum? Underrated, are you having a fucking laugh? They were rated by everybody and still are....by Hanson and his mates.

Let's talk about Kinky and Berkovic or Huckerby, or Barbaria...surely?

ManCityFC said:
Is this a rag forum? Underrated, are you having a fucking laugh? They were rated by everybody and still are....by Hanson and his mates.

Why can't you just accept that some United players actually are good players and are rated by City fans? Kinkladze wasn't underrated at all and proved that he couldn't do it outside the Premiership at Ajax.. Berkovic was severely underrated when he was at West Ham, where he eventually made his name but people finally began to realise what a fantastic player he was and if you ask any fan of any club he played for they'd tell you the same. Also, Benarbia only played in the league for one year! As for Huckerby? Really?

n_mcfc said:
ManCityFC said:

Why can't you just accept that some United players actually are good players and are rated by City fans? Kinkladze wasn't underrated at all and proved that he couldn't do it outside the Premiership at Ajax.. Berkovic was severely underrated when he was at West Ham, where he eventually made his name but people finally began to realise what a fantastic player he was and if you ask any fan of any club he played for they'd tell you the same. Also, Benarbia only played in the league for one year! As for Huckerby? Really?

Nice...How about the City players I mentioned? After you have defended the other lads, could you tall me about them.....did you watch Huckerby, because he was no different to bobbit.

Many players go under-rated in this league due to the asskissing that goes on from BslyB and TalkSport etc etc to the big four...one big hype machine

Anyway just mention one keeper

Jussi Jaaskelainen

some strange answers on here..! the term underrated seems to have been lost...
I've been sick of hearin over the years, how most of the rags mentioned have been called best in world/UK on a regular basis so how on earth does that make em underrated..?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.