Most underrated player in Premier League history

I agree with Ste in Jussi Jaaskelainen, how he's stayed at Bolton all these years when he's got the potential for a much bigger club is beyond me! Dirk Kuyt is another one I agree with thats been mentioned, although I find myself hating him for unknown reasons (I just don't like him) he has a nack for scoring important goals for Liverpool.

How Rio and Scholes can be dubbed "under-rated" tho is beyond me, the media constantly dub them as world class.. therefore how can they be under-rated? Both are great players don't get me wrong this isn't a slate at rag players, but they are rated, highly rated. Scholes may not get the recognition of the other rag youth products of that time (Giggs, Beckham etc) but he's still dubbed as "one of the midfield greats" therefore how can he be under-rated? And Rio's that under-rated Utd paid £30million for him from Leeds.

Scholes is underrated, the lad is a different class to Ferdinand, Giggs, Beckham, Cantona, Keane etc who all got miles more attention, focus and were always consistently in teams of the season, decade etc.

For me Scholes is easily a better player than Gerard, lampard etc all again who get miles more press? The reason why he is quiet, doesn't do interviews, is ginger and not one for marketing or bigging it up! If he had had the looks of Mancini and the personality of Cantona, mark my words Scholes would have been rated the best player in the world!

That said I couldn;t disagree more on Ferdinand, I would have him as the most over rated player in Premiership history, or realistically second to Beckham.

Dunne and Given are good calls, then there were players like Garry Speed who did it match after match, quietly and unassuming and were top players.

Milner.

The boy can be world class on his day. I don't just mean good either, I mean right in that top panthenon of players.

I'd sign this lad in front of Kaka.

Robinho, everbody but a few City fans think he's absolutely shit, he can't be that bad can he? He cost us £34m!

SteSteez said:
Many players go under-rated in this league due to the asskissing that goes on from BslyB and TalkSport etc etc to the big four...one big hype machine

Anyway just mention one keeper

Jussi Jaaskelainen
& Friedel

Hold on here. since when were Lampard, Scholes, Schmeichel (Peter I hope), and Wio under rated? Your having a laugh, right? FFS Theyll be talking about Lampard and Scholes in 30 years time saying how good they were, and Schmeichel is widely said to be one of the greatest keepers in the history of the game.

Given, right on, Bellamy, yes, but even they were considered excellent players before they moved to City. The only reason no one wanted Bellamy was because he's a nut case and no one wanted the hassle apart from twitchy 'arry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.