MOTD time

Eli Panic said:
Looking at some other games today, we had the highest pass completion in the Premiership - 89%. We had the second highest pass completion in the top divisions of England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. Only Bayern Munich bettered us, with 91% in a 4-0 home win. Barcelona trailed us on pass completion and passes. And we attempted the most passes of all the teams in Europe.
As a matter of interest, and I've no idea where these stats (european) appear, how many passes did we actually attempt, compared to the other teams mentioned.

I only know what my eyes saw, and I saw a team that utterly dominated their opponent, our final ball today wasn't quite there, but we got the goals in the end, great resilience, lesser teams often give up after that much domination, we don't.

Watching Shearer's assessment of the game made me think I was paranoid and I had too many beers. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought he was a disgrace with that analysis. Anyone can pick out a few sloppy passes in a game, that was the most lazy punditry I have seen from MOTD and they have had a few shockers discussing us. To make matters worse he was waxing lyrical about Henderson and not a mention of Silva's contribution.

one of the sky pundits said of david silva,its not only kids that could watch and learn it was also prem players,he said we have a few little quality Spanish players,mata corzolla,but silva was a couple of levels above them,and went on to compare silva with iniesta and xavi,

Just watched it now. Did anyone else here Shearer's snide remark about how he's played 300+ more games than Augero when Linkeker asked him why he wasn't on the goals per min list?

Ja Salford Blue said:
Just watched it now. Did anyone else here Shearer's snide remark about how he's played 300+ more games than Augero when Linkeker asked him why he wasn't on the goals per min list?

Like someone else has already pointed out, its a shame Lineker didn't remind him that Sergio has won twice as many Prem winners medals.

12 minutes for City and it seemed the same for the Jordan Henderson wankfest at Liverpool

Shearer points out what City did wrong - hahahahaha - we won 2 nil you stupid overpaid ****

cleavers said:
Eli Panic said:
Looking at some other games today, we had the highest pass completion in the Premiership - 89%. We had the second highest pass completion in the top divisions of England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. Only Bayern Munich bettered us, with 91% in a 4-0 home win. Barcelona trailed us on pass completion and passes. And we attempted the most passes of all the teams in Europe.
As a matter of interest, and I've no idea where these stats (european) appear, how many passes did we actually attempt, compared to the other teams mentioned.

I only know what my eyes saw, and I saw a team that utterly dominated their opponent, our final ball today wasn't quite there, but we got the goals in the end, great resilience, lesser teams often give up after that much domination, we don't.

There's an app called Four Four Two Stats Zone, with game stats done by Opta. Only Bayern got anywhere our passing, and they attempted 764 passes today. City 772, Barca 490. Swansea were in the 500s.

For pass completion, City, Chelsea, Arsenal are all close over the season so far. And surprisingly, United are right up there too.

Eli Panic said:
There's an app called Four Four Two Stats Zone, with game stats done by Opta. Only Bayern got anywhere our passing, and they attempted 764 passes today. City 772, Barca 490. Swansea were in the 500s.

For pass completion, City, Chelsea, Arsenal are all close over the season so far. And surprisingly, United are right up there too.
Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.