MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Carver said:
Maybe we should split this thread and have a separate MOTD2 thread?

They have just shown a montage of City goals at the end of the programme to celebrate reaching the 100 mark in record time.
They did another one last week.

I'm beginning to like this programme (MOTD2 that is) and the blue in the editing suite.

Edit: Ah beat me to it MES, It took me ages to find the thread

And that is why I was selected as a mod ;)
Ha ha ha actually took me a few looks on pages 1 and 2 to find it!

you can get selected as a mod? I thought all mods were hatched from mod eggs laid by the mod queen.

I'm no cynic said:
This is a question for older supporters. When the social club was built next to Maine Road, didn't they start off with an elitist customer base called 'The 100 Club'? I'm not sure of it's name but it was something like this. I don't think it lasted too long though so maybe that's why I'm struggling to remember it.

Sounds like something the brillo pad head would do.

Blue_Rossy said:
couldn't stand the commentary on the arsenal game. He tried to be a smart arse and pronounce carzola as if he was a native spanish speaker, and sounded a right twat.
The main commentator after Tyler does that on Sky. Can't think of his name, but he pronounces the foreign names not in an attempt to sound like where they come from, but just differently because they're foreign. Negredo is a good example, as he puts a d where the r is, 'Negdedo'. He does it with all the foreign players. Sounds twattish.

I'm no cynic said:
This is a question for older supporters. When the social club was built next to Maine Road, didn't they start off with an elitist customer base called 'The 100 Club'? I'm not sure of it's name but it was something like this. I don't think it lasted too long though so maybe that's why I'm struggling to remember it.

I wasnt a member of the 100 club but I did have an ordinary membership, around a fiver if I remember right. The 100 club gave members full access and priority for special occasions.
Before and after the games it was quite funny watching people stepping out and slipping membership cards to mates to avoid the 50 pence cover charge to non members.
This was in the days Nobby Clark ran it and Helen the bell was always in there collecting money for charity in the bucket.
Sweet memories.

ade_akhtar said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Carver said:
Maybe we should split this thread and have a separate MOTD2 thread?

They have just shown a montage of City goals at the end of the programme to celebrate reaching the 100 mark in record time.
They did another one last week.

I'm beginning to like this programme (MOTD2 that is) and the blue in the editing suite.

Edit: Ah beat me to it MES, It took me ages to find the thread

And that is why I was selected as a mod ;)
Ha ha ha actually took me a few looks on pages 1 and 2 to find it!

you can get selected as a mod? I thought all mods were hatched from mod eggs laid by the mod queen.

You're thinking of Aliens.

But the mods come at night too.

Mostly.

I'm no cynic said:

There was a mcfc 100 club.

I went to reading when we played there in the league cup in about 1993. It was pissing down and I didn't fancy standing on the open terrace, so I stood outside the ground asking for spare tickets to try to get in the seats. A bloke recognised my accent and took me into an executive box full of city fans. He told me that the box had been booked by the 100 club.

I've never known what it was, but it certainly existed. And I had a great night with them ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm no cynic said:

There was a mcfc 100 club.

I went to reading when we played there in the league cup in about 1993. It was pissing down and I didn't fancy standing on the open terrace, so I stood outside the ground asking for spare tickets to try to get in the seats. A bloke recognised my accent and took me into an executive box full of city fans. He told me that the box had been booked by the 100 club.

I've never known what it was, but it certainly existed. And I had a great night with them ;-)
Was that the inaugral gathering of the cabal, DD?

Pigeonho said:
Blue_Rossy said:
couldn't stand the commentary on the arsenal game. He tried to be a smart arse and pronounce carzola as if he was a native spanish speaker, and sounded a right twat.
The main commentator after Tyler does that on Sky. Can't think of his name, but he pronounces the foreign names not in an attempt to sound like where they come from, but just differently because they're foreign. Negredo is a good example, as he puts a d where the r is, 'Negdedo'. He does it with all the foreign players. Sounds twattish.

Bugbear of mine, pidge, and I will tell you that barometer for it.

Chorizo.

You will find a disturbing number of twats out there who pronounce it 'choritho'.

Blue_Rossy said:
I prefer it when commentators try and say players' names properly. The lad's name is Cazorla, pronounced "Cathorla". It's easy enough so why not go for it?

Ron Atkinson used to called Ravanelli "Ravioli", Jamie Redknapp used to call Bosingwa "Bosswinger", my Dad calls Agbonlahor "I-bummed-your-whore" and you're calling Cazorla "Carzola". Oh and English Chris Waddle calls the English word penalty a "pelanty"! :)

Not MOTD related but the best commentary quip I've heard was at a Fulham v Chelsea game on Sky and Glen Hoddle came out with a blinder. Torres tried to control the ball but it hit his knee and rolled down his leg and out for a goal kick, and Hoddle says "oh there's that £50m Chinese striker they've just signed 'knee shin toe'"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.