MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserblue said:
kippax81 said:
jimharri said:
Agreed. Not even sure it'd warrant a yellow card.

I posted once in a thread with regards to penalties and red cards, I can't believe that any penalty should result in red unless it is for serious foul or dangerous play.

I know pundits and commentators spout the usual spiel about being denied a goal scoring opportunity.......but a foul resulting in a pen isn't actually denying a goal scoring chance. It gives the attacking team a free shot at goal from 12 yards, with the keeper on his line, and no chance of the penalty taker being challenged by a defender.

How much of a goal scoring chance do you want?

Because defenders would play the percentage game as they did before the rule was brought in. There's always a chance a penalty will be missed and no red card isn't a deterrent. Apart from physical fouls, I can remember a time when defenders deliberately handling the ball on the line to stop a certain goal was not uncommon. You rarely see that these days. No red card, no deterrent.

Bollocks. Officialdom gone mad. There are too many games ruined because a player is sent off for this BS. His team have already gone a goal behind and then have to play the rest of the game with 10.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I watched it on game of the day, the commentator said both on Edin could have been given and the first was definitely a pen. There's a case to be argued for a red too.
You'd be hard pressed to find one especially as he was going away from goal .

BlueSiam said:
laserblue said:
kippax81 said:
I posted once in a thread with regards to penalties and red cards, I can't believe that any penalty should result in red unless it is for serious foul or dangerous play.

I know pundits and commentators spout the usual spiel about being denied a goal scoring opportunity.......but a foul resulting in a pen isn't actually denying a goal scoring chance. It gives the attacking team a free shot at goal from 12 yards, with the keeper on his line, and no chance of the penalty taker being challenged by a defender.

How much of a goal scoring chance do you want?

Because defenders would play the percentage game as they did before the rule was brought in. There's always a chance a penalty will be missed and no red card isn't a deterrent. Apart from physical fouls, I can remember a time when defenders deliberately handling the ball on the line to stop a certain goal was not uncommon. You rarely see that these days. No red card, no deterrent.

Bollocks. Officialdom gone mad. There are too many games ruined because a player is sent off for this BS. His team have already gone a goal behind and then have to play the rest of the game with 10.

It depends how old you are. 30+ years ago the professional foul was a blight on the game, because there was no adequate punishment. Now there is. It's not perfect, and the double punishment of penalty and red card is often harsh, but it's much better like this than it was. You'd have Aguero hacked down the moment he got into a shooting position - is that what you want?

Maybe we should split this thread and have a separate MOTD2 thread?

They have just shown a montage of City goals at the end of the programme to celebrate reaching the 100 mark in record time.
They did another one last week.

I'm beginning to like this programme (MOTD2 that is) and the blue in the editing suite.

Edit: Ah beat me to it MES, It took me ages to find the thread

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
How dare MOTD2 end with a full tribute to City scoring 100 goals this season......... agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
animated gif please of that!

Carver said:
Maybe we should split this thread and have a separate MOTD2 thread?

They have just shown a montage of City goals at the end of the programme to celebrate reaching the 100 mark in record time.
They did another one last week.

I'm beginning to like this programme (MOTD2 that is) and the blue in the editing suite.

Edit: Ah beat me to it MES, It took me ages to find the thread

And that is why I was selected as a mod ;)
Ha ha ha actually took me a few looks on pages 1 and 2 to find it!

This is a question for older supporters. When the social club was built next to Maine Road, didn't they start off with an elitist customer base called 'The 100 Club'? I'm not sure of it's name but it was something like this. I don't think it lasted too long though so maybe that's why I'm struggling to remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.