MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
2sheikhs said:
A familiar pattern seems to form on here. Posters highlight media bias. Some posters deny it. Posters prove there is and show examples. Some posters then say, "who gives a fuck".

Yeah, Alan Hansen giving a shit analysis proves conclusively that the media is biased against Manchester City. Of course.
Yeah, it's only Hansen isn't it?
I'm not even bothering getting into this because I can provide loads of examples which range from jealousy to borderline xenophobia and racism but I won't because you and the rest of the ostrich's have always got the trump card when proven wrong. "Who gives a fuck"

I think some posters are missing the point in this

It was not just Hanson's analysis that annoyed people it was the lack of objectiveness even big ears was embarrassed about it!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Ducado said:

It was not just Hanson's analysis that annoyed people it was the lack of objectiveness even big ears was embarrassed about it!
It's also the stark contrast with the unequivocal fawning over Suarez and Liverpool.

Spot on!

I don't have a problem with any one criticising us, but lets have a bit of even handedness, the amount of fouls Liverpool were committing and not one mention

bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".

Thanks for the lecture, mum.

You'd have a point if they'd balanced the criticism with equal coverage of the excellent bits like Yaya's free kick, Dave's pass and that stupendous ball from Negredo. No analysis of those at all. IMO the footage on Demichelis was extremely selective too.

When Hansen added his "great to watch" post-script I suspect someone had just taken him aside for a quiet bollocking.

(I normally take the digs at MOTD bias with a pinch of salt. However this was blatant.)

bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".

The post that succeeds entirely in totally missing the point.

Our game vs Fulham featured two sublime examples of football excellence.

As a football show, MOTD should at the very least feature these in its post match analysis. They didn't.

No problem with them and/or any other media treating City shabbily or offering constructive (or even non-constructive) criticism where necessary (as they did, in part, on yesterday's programme). No issue at all. It's an opinion, who gives.

But to totally ignore those 2 brilliant moments does not sit well with me, because I imagine kids watching the show, as I myself did many years ago, and seeing free-kicks like Yaya's, or Negredo's audacious pass, and being inspired to try it themselves on the streets, in the parks and in their school footie teams.

I don't imagine for one second MOTD's propensity for wallowing in negativity inspiring anyone.

It's about balance and last night they didn't get it right

it is right to examine our defensive frailties, no problem there, but we scored 4 goals and the free kick and negredo pass we're worthy of mention

it's hard not to think negatively of the editing decisions

Ducado said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Ducado said:

It's also the stark contrast with the unequivocal fawning over Suarez and Liverpool.

Spot on!

I don't have a problem with any one criticising us, but lets have a bit of even handedness, the amount of fouls Liverpool were committing and not one mention
His criticism was especially striking because the real narrative of the day (from City's point of view) was a further improvement on our previously unsatisfactory away form and the fact that the win took us to second place having now scored an average of three goals a game. Against that backdrop it seems both incongruous and churlish to focus on deficiencies to the extent he did. If a team loses to drop into the bottom three would he spend virtually the whole of his analysis praising them? Of course he wouldn't. That is what was so striking about his precis of our performance - it was totally at odds with the prevailing narrative, which at the very least is shockingly poor journalism.

I read the comments on here, watched the show, then against my better judgement, listened to the punditry. Hansen made himself look like ebeneezer and Lineker did a very good Bob Cratchit.

The funniest thing about that little piece on Demichelis is that they then went on to include him in their team of the day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.