MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".

What a crock of fucking bollocks.
I don't follow any crowds or cliques, hence i am not an agenda type nor am i a top blue.
However when the pundit sucks through his teeth and takes 5 seconds to "have to admit" we played well in an ever deepening tone i have a right to be vexed.
I know a certain amount about human behavior and yeah i would put cash on it he despises us now for whatever reason.
You have your opinion and i have mine, call me Barnabus B Pettycunt if you must.

I hate utd as much as any blue but if i was in his job, a mature adult paid to be objective and insightful i would be just that.
You imply it is childishness on some fans part, maybe but maybe they have personal standards differing your own and would not act like a sneering so and so and thus find it very annoying.
20k a week ?, christ you would have no idea i was blue talking about utd for that cash so yeah he can fuck off the arrogant saggy tit skin ****.

I'm watching it again now as I was bladdered last night when posting.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The cookie monster said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
For me there is something that is absolutely undeniable in Hansen's analysis: if Liverpool had scored four away from home, following a previous narrative of indifferent away form, to go second in the Premier League - one point behind the leaders - he wouldn't have found very much to be negative about.

It is entirely natural for players to favour the clubs where they spent the most enjoyable years of their careers. The fact that the BBC and Sky is crawling with ex-Liverpool players means that club will never receive the same levels of criticism as City, as long as that situation endures.
Iirc gdm you did a pretty good summary of Hansen a while ago
Abt him not coming to terms with the city today and the one he faced in his playing days
There is no two ways abt it he fucking hates us.
I did. Thanks for remembering TCM!

He would have been to Maine Road several times as a player as part of those routine spankings we used to get in the late 70's and 80's from Liverpool (Clive Wilson in '85 apart) so he must find the current place that Liverpool and City find themselves in the footballing food-chain to be more than a little bewildering. That would explain the undercurrent of bile when talking about us. We've effectively taken Liverpool's place at the top table.

Hmm, you got a link to that post you made GDM.
It has been known for you to write stuff worth reading on the odd occasion :p
No worries if it is lost in the forum.

Amazing really. I think last night proves beyond doubt Hansen has it in for us. Even my rag twat house mate agreed it was negative considering the goals we scored, especially Yaya's and Negredo's pass.

TCIB said:
bluemurray said:
Children children, calm yourselves please! Some of you are heading for a pre-Christmas stroke at this rate! I watched the 'offending' MOTD last night and guess what? O big deal, Hansen was being critical... oh boo-bloody-hoo!! TBH I thought he made a couple of valid points and the whinging on here is making some of you sound like those horrible nited 'fans' we've put up with for years who appear to have some sense of 'entitlement' that their team is above criticism!!

The fact is children we have been brittle away from home all season and if we expect to win the title on home form alone we are sadly going to be very disappointed come May; goal difference might count but points will count more! We have serious issues at the center of our back 4, relying as we do on Kompany being fit - and Zabba to a slightly lesser extent, without whom we appear to go into a state of absolute panic the minute an opposition forward gets near our box! Demachellis is bloody slow - on that point Hansen was spot on with the evidence to back it up! We might also add that he did admit that City are a "joy to watch", which is true but it will be a shame if in may the epitaph for our season was "they were a joy to watch... but didn't win a league that was there for the taking!".

What a crock of fucking bollocks.
I don't follow any crowds or cliques, hence i am not an agenda type nor am i a top blue.
However when the pundit sucks through his teeth and takes 5 seconds to "have to admit" we played well in an ever deepening tone i have a right to be vexed.
I know a certain amount about human behavior and yeah i would put cash on it he despises us now for whatever reason.
You have your opinion and i have mine, call me Barnabus B Pettycunt if you must.

I hate utd as much as any blue but if i was in his job, a mature adult paid to be objective and insightful i would be just that.
You imply it is childishness on some fans part, maybe but maybe they have personal standards differing your own and would not act like a sneering so and so and thus find it very annoying.
20k a week ?, christ you would have no idea i was blue talking about utd for that cash so yeah he can fuck off the arrogant saggy tit skin ****.
Nail on the fuckin head
Excellent

Of course Hansen hasn't 'got it on for us'. That's silly fan talk.

Motd's analysis of any game on a Saturday night is basically worthless because they have to make an analysis based on ten minutes of highlights. When you've watched the game live it stands out a mile that they of course haven't watched it, but they have to give the impression they did.

Who gives a shit?

Didsbury Dave said:
Of course Hansen hasn't 'got it on for us'. That's silly fan talk.

Motd's analysis of any game on a Saturday night is basically worthless because they have to make an analysis based on ten minutes of highlights. When you've watched the game live it stands out a mile that they of course haven't watched it, but they have to give the impression they did.

Who gives a shit?
Errr, quite a few of us actually

I don't think Hansen has it in for us, however he doesn't help himself with comments like he made last night where he begrudgingly says "go on, I'll admit it, City are brilliant to watch." Not a mention in the analysis of Negrdo's through ball for Milner and the narrative was all about City's liabilities defensively (no mention that Pellers played a left back at right back or that we still managed to score 4 without Aguero) and our troubles away from home - all in spite of the small fact that we won 4-2.

It's a real shame they do their reputations absolutely no good and shows how out of touch they are with the game. Either that or they are being guided into being hypercritical of the most exciting team to watch in the Premier League currently.

One does wonder if that performance was from another side whether the narrative would be somewhat different.

I can see the "meh screw the chumps" way of thinking and sail in those winds myself usually.
His tone, comments, his whole aura was that of someone not being objective, at worst using his platform to air his own skewed outlook on certain clubs.

I only watch MOTD on the bbc, beyond that i watch discovery stuff.
So from my pov my license fee is my season ticket for MOTD in a way.
It is like being seated near the constant moaner, you accept it but christ if you could change it you would.

We also need something to moan about and Hansen provides the nucleation point for much of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.