MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to say I was amazed how they concentrated on the negatives when there were so many positives to look at, especially the Negrado pass and the YaYa free kick. TBF it's the same every week, it's always " were the opposition shite or were City just too good?" Never any credit.

@RobbieSavage8 20m
Really can't wait til Boxing Day city v Liverpool , 10 games all on @BBCMOTD 10-20pm bbc1 with Me, shearer and @GaryLineker

Hahaha Hansen has bottled it, fuck off you tw*t!

What was particularly galling was that in the defensive analysis of our play they chose to highlight extracts of a ten minute spell (after Fulham scored their second ) when our play was 'sloppy'. It was totally selective and could have been an analysis picked out of any game for any team. It was also boring viewing. That time could have been used to highlight some of our attacking play and the goals in particular. But it wasn't.

I wonder how many of the contributors to this thread ,who feel that the likes of Hansen and his type are grossly unfair ,and only concentrate on the negative aspects of our style, when there are many examples of the positive to be examined, take the same attitude in their views of Garcia and / or Dzeko?

sir baconface said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's a total and utter straw man, GDM. This conversation is about city and my post is about the huge persecution complex that all football fans have.
It's not a straw man at all. It's a completely connected point. You are suggesting that all fans feel persecuted and that is manifestly correct. Any visit to another club's forum will attest to that. We all see things, to some extent, through the prism of our own support. However, just because they all feel persecuted it doesn't mean that media coverage is even handed.

What I am saying, from a City point of view, is that it is demonstrably clear, a matter of fact, that the "Big 4" (especially Liverpool) are much better represented in the media than City. That, in itself, is evidence that those clubs will receive more benign coverage than others, and undermine any suggestion that all fans' paranoia is equally well founded. It is not - some have more genuine cause to believe their club is covered negatively than others irrespective of the wider tendency for all fans to feel the world is against them.

City fans fall into that category imo.

Excellent points, GDM.

Like you I don't believe there is a grand agenda against us - or any other club for that matter.

However I challenge anyone to say we get as good a ride as Liverpool (specifically on MOTD) or (on a pretty universal basis) our media darling neighbours.

Would you disagree, DD?

I have never noticed Liverpool getting favourable analysis on match of the day, no. Now, and this links into my point, I don't habitually watch Liverpool so, having seen 5 or 10 minutes highlights, I'm not in a position to comment on whether the analysis given was good or bad. And, I suggest, neither are you lot.

It's nice and easy to go binary on this and go 'well they played for Liverpool so they must be giving a pro Liverpool bias' but I suggest that if they routinely were (and to repeat; i don't know of its the case or not) then they would be given the hard word from above, or sacked.

They are a bunch of pundits giving half baked analysis on games they have only seen the highlights of.

Just finished watching the Swansea Everton game . Everton's defence was rocking a bit at the end and Distin made two errors that could have led to Swansea scoring. Could be worth a closer analysis of that on MOTD, maybe a DeMichelis type analysis on Distin. I'm sure Everton won't get too much praise for that narrow win which took them into the top four. After all we won away by two clear goals yesterday and went second and received a very critical appraisal.

Len Rum said:
Just finished watching the Swansea Everton game . Everton's defence was rocking a bit at the end and Distin made two errors that could have led to Swansea scoring. Could be worth a closer analysis of that on MOTD, maybe a DeMichelis type analysis on Distin. I'm sure Everton won't get too much praise for that narrow win which took them into the top four. After all we won away by two clear goals yesterday and went second and received a very critical appraisal.

EFC will get a decent shout on MotD: Martinez going back (fifth time apparently and the first he has won), Ross B who plays for England, and there is no pluckier side at the top than EFC cos they ain't spent the money we have and are doing football the right, proper and BBC way!

Didsbury Dave said:
sir baconface said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's not a straw man at all. It's a completely connected point. You are suggesting that all fans feel persecuted and that is manifestly correct. Any visit to another club's forum will attest to that. We all see things, to some extent, through the prism of our own support. However, just because they all feel persecuted it doesn't mean that media coverage is even handed.

What I am saying, from a City point of view, is that it is demonstrably clear, a matter of fact, that the "Big 4" (especially Liverpool) are much better represented in the media than City. That, in itself, is evidence that those clubs will receive more benign coverage than others, and undermine any suggestion that all fans' paranoia is equally well founded. It is not - some have more genuine cause to believe their club is covered negatively than others irrespective of the wider tendency for all fans to feel the world is against them.

City fans fall into that category imo.

Excellent points, GDM.

Like you I don't believe there is a grand agenda against us - or any other club for that matter.

However I challenge anyone to say we get as good a ride as Liverpool (specifically on MOTD) or (on a pretty universal basis) our media darling neighbours.

Would you disagree, DD?

I have never noticed Liverpool getting favourable analysis on match of the day, no. Now, and this links into my point, I don't habitually watch Liverpool so, having seen 5 or 10 minutes highlights, I'm not in a position to comment on whether the analysis given was good or bad. And, I suggest, neither are you lot.

It's nice and easy to go binary on this and go 'well they played for Liverpool so they must be giving a pro Liverpool bias' but I suggest that if they routinely were (and to repeat; i don't know of its the case or not) then they would be given the hard word from above, or sacked.

They are a bunch of pundits giving half baked analysis on games they have only seen the highlights of.

They don't watch the highlights, they have a bank of screens showing the games live in the office and do it that way. Obviously not then easy to focus specifically on a particular one - which is actually why picking small items out in a few hours for each of them is quite a skill - but they don't just sit and watch the highlights package and pronounce on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.