Mount Everest deaths

Bump.

I did a bit of climbing etc as a young guy, 3 peaks, Wasdale Head,Great Gable and Scafell Pike in a day in 1976. Helvelyn in both summer and winter. But this drone footage of the usual route to the top of Mount Everest just blew me away.

Enjoy even if you get a nosebleed climbing the stairs.

The queues, nowadays, at certain points are bizarre and unsettling when you consider the risks and the fatalities that have occurred. I remember queuing across Striding Edge once and it panicked me as I had to keep slowing down. Lol.
Slightly off topic, the first time I did Kinder I wore a t-shirt, shorts and Adidas Gazelles.
I had a sandwich, a bag of crisps ,10 marlboro lights and a can of Stella for when I got to the top. The weather changed half way up and the temperature must have dropped by about 10 degrees. It pissed down. I thought I was going to die. Taught me a lesson.

The queues, nowadays, at certain points are bizarre and unsettling when you consider the risks and the fatalities that have occurred. I remember queuing across Striding Edge once and it panicked me as I had to keep slowing down. Lol.
Slightly off topic, the first time I did Kinder I wore a t-shirt, shorts and Adidas Gazelles.
I had a sandwich, a bag of crisps ,10 marlboro lights and a can of Stella for when I got to the top. The weather changed half way up and the temperature must have dropped by about 10 degrees. It pissed down. I thought I was going to die. Taught me a lesson.
I did Jake's Rake and Striding Edge back in the day in the 1970's. Fortunately it was nice and there were no problems, except the running down the scree which was a fantastic experience when I was in my early 20's. In the early 1980's I had a friend who was a seasoned climber die on striding edge he was blown off apparently when the weather changed.

I did Jake's Rake and Striding Edge back in the day in the 1970's. Fortunately it was nice and there were no problems, except the running down the scree which was a fantastic experience when I was in my early 20's. In the early 1980's I had a friend who was a seasoned climber die on striding edge he was blown off apparently when the weather changed.
It's happened to others, too. Dangerous place in the wrong conditions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.