Mount Everest deaths

I stay in Inner Mongolia province from time to time and one thing I notice is that due to the rarified air, it takes me about 2 weeks to operate at a similar level as in the U.K. I tire here quite quickly.
Do people get the necessary time built into their adventure to recover from jet lag and acclimatise fully before starting the climb?
What elevation are you staying at ?

I stay in Inner Mongolia province from time to time and one thing I notice is that due to the rarified air, it takes me about 2 weeks to operate at a similar level as in the U.K. I tire here quite quickly.
Do people get the necessary time built into their adventure to recover from jet lag and acclimatise fully before starting the climb?
Jet lag is an absolute cnut.

I not only makes you tired, it acually messes with your bodies natural rhythms including your digestive system.

I flew out to LA on Monday (getting up at 0300 to drive to Heathrow).

I flew back yesterday, waking up at 0400 LA time and I didn't sleep on the aircraft so I've been awake well over 24 hours and I'm pretty fucked.

Jet lag is an absolute cnut.

I not only makes you tired, it acually messes with your bodies natural rhythms including your digestive system.

I flew out to LA on Monday (getting up at 0300 to drive to Heathrow).

I flew back yesterday, waking up at 0400 LA time and I didn't sleep on the aircraft so I've been awake well over 24 hours and I'm pretty fucked.
I’ve always found going to America massively screws me over with jet lag, however coming back home never seems to bother me.

I’ve always found going to America massively screws me over with jet lag, however coming back home never seems to bother me.
It tales me around a week to tick over into a decent rhythm when I go out, but coming back kills me. Luckily my last trip was only three nights, so I'm not too bad this time.

Bump.

I did a bit of climbing etc as a young guy, 3 peaks, Wasdale Head,Great Gable and Scafell Pike in a day in 1976. Helvelyn in both summer and winter. But this drone footage of the usual route to the top of Mount Everest just blew me away.

Enjoy even if you get a nosebleed climbing the stairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.