Mourinho or Mancini

Didsbury Dave said:
I have wondered how Jose would take to the director of football model at city, although he wanted the barca job under the same management structure. It was interesting that someone on the staff leaked a supposed directive to model the club around 433: Mourinho's formation.

I hope, I pray, that the planets are aligning for mourinho to city in the summer. Our club is hugely ambitious and soriano is tasked with enormous expansion of the clubs revenues. To turn down the opportunity of the biggest name manager in world football would be an incredibly bold decision. Arguably a stupid one.

I don't think they can afford to say no should the opportunity to recruit mourinho arise.

If you read that Graham Hunter book about Barca which has quite a lot of supposed detail about the Mourinho interview, Mourinho was given the directive to play 4-3-3 there too and was quite happy with everything on the football side. Their problem with him was that they thought he was too confrontational and would present the wrong image. I can sort of see that for Barca, and they ended up making a great call in going for Guardiola. But at City, we really need the kind of success that will help to elevate us into a club respected as able to compete on the field with the very top European teams.

I really think we should be trying everything to land Jose. He's basically done at Real, wants to come back to England, the United job doesn't look as though it'll be available this summer, and Chelsea? Well, I suspect that both London and the fact he has unfinished business there exert an emotional pull. But he should beware of Abramovich. Even if Roman promises to change, and in the less likely event that he means it, he isn't going to - just not in his nature. Come to City, Jose. There's everything here for you that you need! :)

Like him or not if Jose rocked up at the Etihad tomorrow morning the eyes of the football world would all be turned to Manchester City. Every footballer on the planet (possibly with the exception of Messi) would sit up and take notice and it would be - and I hate to use this word - fucking massive news. Like him or not I can't believe for a split second every single City player would not be buzzing to turn up at Carrington and train with him and show what they're worth. I also predict this board would go into meltdown and it would be the second single biggest event off the pitch to the takeover that has ever happened at our club. Fucking headlines, excitement, anticipation, rumours, targets and all the buzz words you could think of would be banded around. Mourinhio here would be epic like it or not.

Blue2112 said:
Like him or not if Jose rocked up at the Etihad tomorrow morning the eyes of the football world would all be turned to Manchester City. Every footballer on the planet (possibly with the exception of Messi) would sit up and take notice and it would be - and I hate to use this word - fucking massive news. Like him or not I can't believe for a split second every single City player would not be buzzing to turn up at Carrington and train with him and show what they're worth. I also predict this board would go into meltdown and it would be the second single biggest event off the pitch to the takeover that has ever happened at our club. Fucking headlines, excitement, anticipation, rumours, targets and all the buzz words you could think of would be banded around. Mourinhio here would be epic like it or not.

This.

Mourinho is a marketing man's dream and a fucking excellent manager to.

erection_tee_shirt-r0dc794b46bf14ebcbfddc0da0b67ab33_804gy_216.jpg

Blue2112 said:

Our title defence seems destined to fail, but news of Mourinho's arrival would certainly soften the blow, and wipe the smile off a few smug rag faces at the same time.

Stoned Rose said:
Blue2112 said:

This.

I can't think of one manager worldwide that would have the effect that he would if he arrived tomorrow morning. I know that's not going to happen but you know what I mean. Let the rags win the title then the following morning announce Mourinhio as our manager and guess which one would steal the headlines. I know where i'd put my money.

Barca and Mourinho? Més que un club<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 pm --<br /><br />From The Sunday Times (by Duncan Castles):

Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain lead race to hire Jose Mourinho. #CFC #PSG
JOSE MOURINHO is waiting to take a decision on where he will manage next season, but is increasingly unlikely to continue at Real Madrid. His former club Chelsea, who are without a permanent manager, and Paris Saint-Germain, where Carlo Ancelotti is at the helm, are the two leading contenders for his expertise.

The Portuguese faces Manchester United in the Champions League this week with the aim of leading Madrid to May’s Wembley final, although he is not expected to stay with the reigning La Liga champions for a fourth campaign. Frustrated with Real Madrid’s political hierarchy and the resistance of the club’s leading Spanish players to his efforts to make what he sees as essential improvements, Mourinho has been considering options.

Close friends say there is no more than a 5% chance of Mourinho staying, with that dependent on Champions League success and substantial changes from a club who he believes have failed to support him fully since he secured the Spanish title in 2011-12. Should his departure become inevitable, the 50-year-old has no interest in taking a Pep Guardiola-style sabbatical. Mourinho has repeatedly stated his intention to return to the Premier League. While succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson forms part of that ambition, his friend at Manchester United must first retire and is not expected to do so this summer.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't know where we could turn if Mourinho doesn't come here.

Right man, right time for a variety of reasons.

His qualities of motivation and tactical nous are what our current team are crying out for.

We need, as a club, to get a bit of the roller coaster about us again.

The people who will decide one way or another have looked at Mourinho before and decided he wasn't for them before appointing an unknown. They are the sort of people who decide on a way ahead and appoint somebody they believe is the best person to impliment their vision.
Now I don't know if they will stick with Mancini or not, but I suspect if they do change it will not be for Mourinho and could well be somebody none of us can guess.

They decided he wasn't for Barcelona, not them, personally.

Soriano more or less said Jose had the job, until Pep came forward.

Begiristain admits he liked Jose, even stayed at his house in Portugal.

I just believe Barca are a very different animal, sustained by years of success.

Doesn't mean the shoe don't fit elsewhere.

As it is, I fear Jose will run back to Chelsea with open arms if Roman swallows his pride.

So were fucked then.

Blue2112 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Blue2112 said:

This.

I can't think of one manager worldwide that would have the effect that he would if he arrived tomorrow morning. I know that's not going to happen but you know what I mean. Let the rags win the title then the following morning announce Mourinhio as our manager and guess which one would steal the headlines. I know where i'd put my money.

Well, in that case, if Madrid get knocked out of the champs league soon, we should be on the phone the following morning

Blue2112 said:

I agree and I think he's exactly what we need right now and we're exactly what he needs to get his mojo back, it's a hand in glove appointment.

The ONLY niggle I have and it could be difference if we go for him or not is will he buy into the whole academy thing?........it'll be new to him having to feed youngsters in and it's probably one of the reasons Pep got the nod ahead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.