Mourinho or Mancini

Stretford Born Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
I think i'd have to plump for the best manager on the planet.

But he will only stay for three years max and bugger off...........After enhancing his CV of course....!

Out of interest, how long on average has bob stayed at a club, in fact, how long does any manager stay at a club, Bacon and Wenger excepted?

Maureen was giving interviews to MUTV and cozying up to the swamp dwellers today so if we want him, we better make our move now before Baconface conks it or retires.

Mind you, his love-in with Fergie and the rags wouldn't go down well here, he'd have to revert to full confrontation and wind-up mode against United.

Why do people think Mourinho is better for us than Mancini? If anything, Mourinho is faring worse than Mancini (16 points away from Barca) with an arguably better team than City. The only saving grace for Mou this season, will be if he manages to win the Champions League...

I have total respect for Mancini for what he has achieved with City, but I'm frustrated with his constant tinkering with tactical formations this season that has even the players confused. What happened to the winning formula of last season? Has he even tried to put Yaya up front this season, the tactic that won us games during the latter part of last season? Blaming the players, and of lack of reinforcements, is not the solution, even if these reasons may be factors causing the current dismal scenario, when we have a team as good as City's. I can only hope that he finds out what is wrong fast, ensure steps to correct it, and hopefully bring back the spirit of last season..

If we ARE going to get a new manager, I hope its somebody who is both tactically astute AND get the best out of our players. I don't know anything about Mourinho, but based on news articles, he doesn't seem to score particularly high on people skills..

Didsbury Dave said:
I have wondered how Jose would take to the director of football model at city, although he wanted the barca job under the same management structure. It was interesting that someone on the staff leaked a supposed directive to model the club around 433: Mourinho's formation.

I hope, I pray, that the planets are aligning for mourinho to city in the summer. Our club is hugely ambitious and soriano is tasked with enormous expansion of the clubs revenues. To turn down the opportunity of the biggest name manager in world football would be an incredibly bold decision. Arguably a stupid one.

I don't think they can afford to say no should the opportunity to recruit mourinho arise.

Not sure it will be up to Txiki and Ferran. Managers are often a top level decision that includes the owners.

Didn't Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon tried to get Mourinho before? I wonder if they're still interested.

Stretford Born Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
I think i'd have to plump for the best manager on the planet.

But he will only stay for three years max and bugger off...........After enhancing his CV of course....!
And if we win loads of trophies who gives a shit.....<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 pm --<br /><br />
sincity said:
Why do people think Mourinho is better for us than Mancini? If anything, Mourinho is faring worse than Mancini (16 points away from Barca) with an arguably better team than City. The only saving grace for Mou this season, will be if he manages to win the Champions League...

I have total respect for Mancini for what he has achieved with City, but I'm frustrated with his constant tinkering with tactical formations this season that has even the players confused. What happened to the winning formula of last season? Has he even tried to put Yaya up front this season, the tactic that won us games during the latter part of last season? Blaming the players, and of lack of reinforcements, is not the solution, even if these reasons may be factors causing the current dismal scenario, when we have a team as good as City's. I can only hope that he finds out what is wrong fast, ensure steps to correct it, and hopefully bring back the spirit of last season..

If we ARE going to get a new manager, I hope its somebody who is both tactically astute AND get the best out of our players. I don't know anything about Mourinho, but based on news articles, he doesn't seem to score particularly high on people skills..
Look at Mourinhos trophy record, look how he transformed Inter after taking over from Mancini.

sincity said:

Now you must be taking the piss on that last point<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
chesterbells said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
And if we win loads of trophies who gives a shit.....

+1

And if we dont
Well considering his record I have no doubt he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.