Mourinho or Mancini

Berkovic_blue said:
dancity19 said:
Pam said:
It doesn't fit with the agenda of the 12 year olds to answer that question. Strongbow. You are wasting your time.

Right, just so I know, how does discussing weaknesses with the way we are playing make us 12 year olds....??

It doesn't, wishing the manager to be sacked immediately to have your own personal poster boy appointed does though. (I know you are not doing this).

We've been shit in Europe this season no doubt and of course it's fair to question and criticise, it's not the be all and end all though is it? The domestic league always comes first and we are currently on par with last season I believe (maybe a point up).

Dortmund and Real Madrid are completely tanking it in their respective leagues and don't even look like contenders, yes that's right, two clubs with apparently "far better" managers. Would any rational fan seriously swap places with them right now? I fucking wouldn't. The teeth gnashers are failing to look at the bigger picture.

Fair, I've said numerous times the league is the priority, for me at least.

I guess people see the performances in the league (not points) but performances and question how long we can last putting in sub standard performances and picking up points.

We are playing nowhere near as well as we can do, or should be, and it's half way through the season now. We've been found out in Europe, but on the whole are too good to be found out in the League. Points wise, we are doing well, although the ratio of wins-draws is a disappointment. But if we win on Sunday we will be top, and who can argue with that.

I think the frustration today is an accumulation of pitiful European performances, and numerous below par league performances, when we know we can do better.

At least we have been picking up points, but surely you can see that we are not playing well.
Combine that with the fact that we get outplayed home and away by Dortmund whose squad isn't as talented as ours, and it just makes you wonder why.

Pam said:
He only comes on here when we lose.

Cliche number 2030394400014.

Definitely a "I know you are but what am I" kind of day for you today Pam.

dancity19 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
dancity19 said:
Right, just so I know, how does discussing weaknesses with the way we are playing make us 12 year olds....??

It doesn't, wishing the manager to be sacked immediately to have your own personal poster boy appointed does though. (I know you are not doing this).

We've been shit in Europe this season no doubt and of course it's fair to question and criticise, it's not the be all and end all though is it? The domestic league always comes first and we are currently on par with last season I believe (maybe a point up).

Dortmund and Real Madrid are completely tanking it in their respective leagues and don't even look like contenders, yes that's right, two clubs with apparently "far better" managers. Would any rational fan seriously swap places with them right now? I fucking wouldn't. The teeth gnashers are failing to look at the bigger picture.

I guess people see the performances in the league (not points) but performances and question how long we can last putting in sub standard performances and picking up points.

Sorry to state the obvious, Dan, but couldn't you ask the exact same thing about the current league leaders ... only more so?

-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm --

BillyShears said:
Pam said:

Are you capable of making a positve statement about anything or anyone. Such a hater you are, Billy, really. Why can't you take one minute's comfort in the fact that four years after we thought we were going into administration, we are the champions of England?

Pam said:
dancity19 said:
Berkovic_blue said:

Sorry to state the obvious, Dan, but couldn't you ask the exact same thing about the current league leaders ... only more so?

Yeah, of course you could. Never said United were better than us.

Difference is they have more points than us as it stands.

But my argument isn't anything to do with United. I'm not using them as a benchmark. We are under performing. 3 games in it was fine, 7 games in it was fine, but it's now half way through the season and I can think of about 2 good performances, if that.

If you read what I'm saying throughout the whole thread you will see I'm being pretty balanced. But in terms of performances we are nowhere near where we should be.

And also, to everyone who is saying Europe doesn't matter. I agree, league is a priority, but it CLEARLY matters to the players going from what SIlva said about team morale at the moment after we got knocked out....

"The special one" is not the type of coach to stick around for too long. He is like Cocaine - he might make you feel invincible for a while, but can't sustain it in the long run, he will get bored and move on, or get himself in trouble with the board, fans, media, etc.

Key to sustainable growth is getting a world class manager and sticking with him for the long run.
I think we have such a manager, he just needs to be less stubborn.

Pam said:
dancity19 said:
Berkovic_blue said:

BillyShears said:
Pam said:

Are you capable of making a positve statement about anything or anyone. Such a hater you are, Billy, really. Why can't you take one minute's comfort in the fact that four years after we thought we were going into administration, we are the champions of England?

i think as a collective we are very grateful for being taken over and winning the league last year but there's got to come a point where we've got to start matching the owners ambitions.

dancity19 said:
Pam said:
dancity19 said:

Yeah, of course you could. Never said United were better than us.

Difference is they have more points than us as it stands.

But my argument isn't anything to do with United. I'm not using them as a benchmark. We are under performing. 3 games in it was fine, 7 games in it was fine, but it's now half way through the season and I can think of about 2 good performances, if that.

If you read what I'm saying throughout the whole thread you will see I'm being pretty balanced. But in terms of performances we are nowhere near where we should be.

And also, to everyone who is saying Europe doesn't matter. I agree, league is a priority, but it CLEARLY matters to the players going from what SIlva said about team morale at the moment after we got knocked out....

I honestly disagree. Our performances against Fulham, Spurs and WBA were excellent, in the main. We were the better team at Stamford Bridge and the better team in the second half V RM. We tanked Aston Villa and whilst the Wigan performance wasn't great, they are no push overs at home and we got the job done. We are on a hiding to nothing because we haven't been able to replicate some of the more spectacular results and scorelines from the early part of last season but did anyone truly expect us to do the same this year? I am not prepared to panic because of our shite Euro form and the fact that we haven't captured the unusual heights of last year. I still think we'll win the league and I am not going to kill myself because by virtue of their push over qualifying groups, the Arse and the Scum get to play two more games than us in the CL this year

nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:
dancity19 said:

BillyShears said:

i think as a collective we are very grateful for being taken over and winning the league last year but there's got to come a point where we've got to start matching the owners ambitions.

We have exceeded the original expectations of our owners in every respect. Last years failures in the CL belied the fact that we achieved a reasonable points tally in a difficult group but became only the second club ever to fail to qualify with ten points. No excuses for this year's pathetic efforts, I grant you, but no need for some of the silly, media generated hyperventilating thats going on in some quarters about it. We need patience, stability and continuity and our owners are intelligent enough to know that. You only have to look at the Chavski debacle to see where impetuosity and panic gets you.

Pam said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:

We have exceeded the original expectations of our owners in every respect. Last years failures in the CL belied the fact that we achieved a reasonable points tally in a difficult group but became only the second club ever to fail to qualify with ten points. No excuses for this year's pathetic efforts, I grant you, but no need for some of the silly, media generated hyperventilating thats going on in some quarters about it. We need patience, stability and continuity and our owners are intelligent enough to know that. You only have to look at the Chavski debacle to know where impetuosity and panic gets you.
Yep sacking a manager mid season got them an fa cup and champions league......

Last year we did get 10 points but 9 of those came against a shocking Villareal side who got relegated that season (and it took a last minute goal to beat them at home) and Munichs B team, we couldn't get the points when it really mattered add to that the awful showing in the europa league the past few years it doesnt make good reading for Mancini.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:
dancity19 said:

BillyShears said:

Yes, the one where Khaldoon stated that Sheikh Mansour has a ten year plan, not four year and three month plan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.