Mourinho or Mancini

Pam said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:
Sorry to state the obvious, Dan, but couldn't you ask the exact same thing about the current league leaders ... only more so?

-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm --

Are you capable of making a positve statement about anything or anyone. Such a hater you are, Billy, really. Why can't you take one minute's comfort in the fact that four years after we thought we were going into administration, we are the champions of England?

i think as a collective we are very grateful for being taken over and winning the league last year but there's got to come a point where we've got to start matching the owners ambitions.

We have exceeded the original expectations of our owners in every respect. Last years failures in the CL belied the fact that we achieved a reasonable points tally in a difficult group but became only the second club ever to fail to qualify with ten points. No excuses for this year's pathetic efforts, I grant you, but no need for some of the silly, media generated hyperventilating thats going on in some quarters about it. We need patience, stability and continuity and our owners are intelligent enough to know that. You only have to look at the Chavski debacle to see where impetuosity and panic gets you.

It's no good having stability when you have the wrong man in charge. It's ok point at Mancini's domestic records but his European records are poor given the teams he's managed and the financial backing he's received.

The problem with us is that we always seem to have a ready made excuse for our failings in Europe. Last season the excuse was "well it's our first year at it, next year we'll come back stronger and will do everything we can to get out of the group". This years excuse is "we were in the group of death amongst teams who have won their respective leagues, we'll try and qualify again next season and try and get out of the group"

I'm seeing a lot of the same arguments now as to why we should keep Mancini that we had when people wanted Hughes sacking. Mancini has taken us as far as he can and I think it's time to move on.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
i think as a collective we are very grateful for being taken over and winning the league last year but there's got to come a point where we've got to start matching the owners ambitions.

We have exceeded the original expectations of our owners in every respect. Last years failures in the CL belied the fact that we achieved a reasonable points tally in a difficult group but became only the second club ever to fail to qualify with ten points. No excuses for this year's pathetic efforts, I grant you, but no need for some of the silly, media generated hyperventilating thats going on in some quarters about it. We need patience, stability and continuity and our owners are intelligent enough to know that. You only have to look at the Chavski debacle to see where impetuosity and panic gets you.

It's no good having stability when you have the wrong man in charge. It's ok point at Mancini's domestic records but his European records are poor given the teams he's managed and the financial backing he's received.

The problem with us is that we always seem to have a ready made excuse for our failings in Europe. Last season the excuse was "well it's our first year at it, next year we'll come back stronger and will do everything we can to get out of the group". This years excuse is "we were in the group of death amongst teams who have won their respective leagues, we'll try and qualify again next season and try and get out of the group"

I'm seeing a lot of the same arguments now as to why we should keep Mancini that we had when people wanted Hughes sacking. Mancini has taken us as far as he can and I think it's time to move on.

Not sure if serious.

Caveman said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:
Sorry to state the obvious, Dan, but couldn't you ask the exact same thing about the current league leaders ... only more so?

-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm --

Are you capable of making a positve statement about anything or anyone. Such a hater you are, Billy, really. Why can't you take one minute's comfort in the fact that four years after we thought we were going into administration, we are the champions of England?

Yes, the one where Khaldoon stated that Sheikh Mansour has a ten year plan, not four year and three month plan.

The 10 year plan was when Hughes was in charge, then we were informed that we had moved ahead of schedule and the plan had now been revised. The 10 year plan is now to do with the academy. Khaldoon in his own words in pre season said that he wanted us to now start to challenge both domestically and in Europe.

We've failed in 1 so far. Massively!!

dancity19 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
dancity19 said:
Right, just so I know, how does discussing weaknesses with the way we are playing make us 12 year olds....??

It doesn't, wishing the manager to be sacked immediately to have your own personal poster boy appointed does though. (I know you are not doing this).

We've been shit in Europe this season no doubt and of course it's fair to question and criticise, it's not the be all and end all though is it? The domestic league always comes first and we are currently on par with last season I believe (maybe a point up).

Dortmund and Real Madrid are completely tanking it in their respective leagues and don't even look like contenders, yes that's right, two clubs with apparently "far better" managers. Would any rational fan seriously swap places with them right now? I fucking wouldn't. The teeth gnashers are failing to look at the bigger picture.

Fair, I've said numerous times the league is the priority, for me at least.

I guess people see the performances in the league (not points) but performances and question how long we can last putting in sub standard performances and picking up points.

We are playing nowhere near as well as we can do, or should be, and it's half way through the season now. We've been found out in Europe, but on the whole are too good to be found out in the League. Points wise, we are doing well, although the ratio of wins-draws is a disappointment. But if we win on Sunday we will be top, and who can argue with that.

I think the frustration today is an accumulation of pitiful European performances, and numerous below par league performances, when we know we can do better.

At least we have been picking up points, but surely you can see that we are not playing well.
Combine that with the fact that we get outplayed home and away by Dortmund whose squad isn't as talented as ours, and it just makes you wonder why.

Disagree, I don't think we're doing too badly at all. We're dominating possession and creating plenty of chances in virtually every game.

The fundamental difference between this and last season is quite simply we aren't scoring as many goals. IMO this is mostly due to the forwards being in average form and failing to take the chances presented. It barely worries me at all though, they'll get better. The one criticism I would make is that Dzeko should not be starting games as I think it's clear now he is not good enough to do so.

We are still incredibly difficult to beat and have the best defence in the league for the third year in a row. That stability is hugely important.

Pam said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:

Not sure if serious.

And that sums up why I've got fuck all time for you Pam. He's just given you an honest opinion without histrionics or without insult. And yet still you act like a prize ****.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Caveman said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Yes, the one where Khaldoon stated that Sheikh Mansour has a ten year plan, not four year and three month plan.

The 10 year plan was when Hughes was in charge, then we were informed that we had moved ahead of schedule and the plan had now been revised. The 10 year plan is now to do with the academy. Khaldoon in his own words in pre season said that he wanted us to now start to challenge both domestically and in Europe.

We've failed in 1 so far. Massively!!

Beware of low flying rattles.

Pam said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Pam said:

Not sure if serious.

Serious. For me Mancini was always a short term stop gap for when we were in a position to appoint a world class coach.

We will never win a European trophy under Mancini and it will ultimately be his down fall. Our patient owners will get tired of the excuse "I know what the problem is and I will fix it" cos so far this season he hasn't

Berkovic_blue said:
IMO this is mostly due to the forwards being in average form and failing to take the chances presented.

That may have been the problem against West Ham but in other recent games the problem isn't the forwards failing to take the chances presented, it's the failure to PRESENT chances to the forwards. I've been saying it a lot recently, you'd be hard pressed to find a top club in Europe as creatively bankrupt in the final third as we are at the moment. It's staggering how low on ideas we are after all the money spent - instead of spending millions on efficient but limited midfielders (Garcia, Rodwell), we should have added some fresh creativity in any or all of three areas (midfield, attacking midfield, wings).

nevilletogoater-in said:
Mancini has taken us as far as he can and I think it's time to move on.

See, to me this is completely nonsensical. It's as if you're just bored of the title win and you seem to believe we can go up another 3 levels instantly under a new manager.

Simple question, would you prefer to be in the knockout stages of the CL if it meant being 11pts behind in the league?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.