Mourinho or Mancini

nevilletogoater-in said:
It's ok making the excuse we're unbeaten but we could go unbeaten all season and get relegated.

If you think that's a valid rebuttal I'll leave it there. Thanks for the laugh though!

Caveman said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Caveman said:
So far.

People said we failed to get into a Chmapions League spot in 2009-10. People said we failed to win the league in 2010-11.

After our performance at home to Madrid the other week, I have no doubt in my mind that next year we will win our three home games in the CL. Something seemed to click with us in that game - we dominated possession, we created lots of chances, we kept all of their dangerous players fairly quiet, also the crowd were better than we had been before in the CL. Exactly what we should be doing in CL home games.

I didn't feel like that back in September. I don't think we're as good as some people think we are and I thought we'd struggle and finish third, we struggled and finished fourth so I wasn't far off at all.

Aside from the fact that Madrid could have again been 6-0 up inside 25mins do you not think that we kept possession in none key areas. Possession isn't the problem, it's what we do with it.
They had two chances other than their goal. I don't see how they could have been 6-0 up.

Well off memory Khadira missed 2 one on one's and the tranny had one cleared off the line. Add those 2 their goal and that's 4, that's even without trying to think about it<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 pm --<br /><br />
Berkovic_blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
It's ok making the excuse we're unbeaten but we could go unbeaten all season and get relegated.

If you think that's a valid rebuttal I'll leave it there. Thanks for the laugh though!

In no way was I saying that we are getting relegated but at the start of the season if a team goes undefeated with 38 draws then they're more than likely getting relegated.

Berkovic_blue said:
LoveCity said:
Berkovic_blue said:
IMO this is mostly due to the forwards being in average form and failing to take the chances presented.

That may have been the problem against West Ham but in other recent games the problem isn't the forwards failing to take the chances presented, it's the failure to PRESENT chances to the forwards. I've been saying it a lot recently, you'd be hard pressed to find a top club in Europe as creatively bankrupt in the final third as we are at the moment. It's staggering how low on ideas we are after all the money spent - instead of spending millions on efficient but limited midfielders (Garcia, Rodwell), we should have added some fresh creativity in any or all of three areas (midfield, attacking midfield, wings).

Well I've just looked at the stats from the Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea games and compared them to last season. In every case we had almost as many shots on target (1 or 2 less) as last year. That to me says the problem is missed chances. Oh, and we're still the 2nd highest scorers in the league currently. Creatively bankrupt indeed.

You have actually watched us play, have you? The stats can tell you only so much and you can see just by watching us that we are not playing as well as last season, irrespective of how many shots we are having or goals being scored. We just are not.

Chippy_boy said:
Berkovic_blue said:
LoveCity said:
That may have been the problem against West Ham but in other recent games the problem isn't the forwards failing to take the chances presented, it's the failure to PRESENT chances to the forwards. I've been saying it a lot recently, you'd be hard pressed to find a top club in Europe as creatively bankrupt in the final third as we are at the moment. It's staggering how low on ideas we are after all the money spent - instead of spending millions on efficient but limited midfielders (Garcia, Rodwell), we should have added some fresh creativity in any or all of three areas (midfield, attacking midfield, wings).

Well I've just looked at the stats from the Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea games and compared them to last season. In every case we had almost as many shots on target (1 or 2 less) as last year. That to me says the problem is missed chances. Oh, and we're still the 2nd highest scorers in the league currently. Creatively bankrupt indeed.

You have actually watched us play, have you? The stats can tell you only so much and you can see just by watching us that we are not playing as well as last season, irrespective of how many shots we are having or goals being scored. We just are not.
I've said this about thirty times now; but we're playing no worse than we were from about December to April last season.

Caveman said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Caveman said:
So far.

People said we failed to get into a Chmapions League spot in 2009-10. People said we failed to win the league in 2010-11.

After our performance at home to Madrid the other week, I have no doubt in my mind that next year we will win our three home games in the CL. Something seemed to click with us in that game - we dominated possession, we created lots of chances, we kept all of their dangerous players fairly quiet, also the crowd were better than we had been before in the CL. Exactly what we should be doing in CL home games.

I didn't feel like that back in September. I don't think we're as good as some people think we are and I thought we'd struggle and finish third, we struggled and finished fourth so I wasn't far off at all.

Aside from the fact that Madrid could have again been 6-0 up inside 25mins do you not think that we kept possession in none key areas. Possession isn't the problem, it's what we do with it.
They had two chances other than their goal. I don't see how they could have been 6-0 up.

Are you sure about that? - They absolutely tore us apart at will in the half. Joe Hart and some goal line defending saved us from being 3/4 down.

The stats for the game were interesting though.
Madrid 38% possession - 14 shots (5 on, 4 off & 5 blocked)
City 62% possession - 13 shots (6 on, 5 off & 2 blocked)

As a team Mancini has us fannying around rather than going for it.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 pm --<br /><br />
Caveman said:
Chippy_boy said:
Berkovic_blue said:

I've said this about thirty times now; but we're playing no worse than we were from about December to April last season.

We are not hitting the heights that we did prior to Xmas last year. I'll go as far as saying we were poor from Dec to April last year and only perked up for the last 6 games

What pisses me off most about all this is how the haters seem to be incapable of recognising that the qualifying stages of the CL are no bugger's idea of a level playing field. Not for one minute do I think that Bacon or Wenger would have got their respective teams through a group containing the champions of Germany, the champions of Spain and the champions of Holland.

FFS the cry babies need to get a grip.

Forza Mancini

Pam said:
What pisses me off most about all this is how the haters seem to be incapable of recognising that the qualifying stages of the CL are no bugger's idea of a level playing field. Not for one minute do I think that Bacon or Wenger would have got their respective teams through a group containing the champions of Germany, the champions of Spain and the champions of Holland.

Forza Mancini

Yeah but we're the champions of England Pam. A league that is recognised for being the best in the world.

I'm afraid that argument doesn't wash with me. There are loads of managers that would have at least got us 1 win in that group.

Caveman said:
Chippy_boy said:
Berkovic_blue said:

Is that good? I would say that's terrible.

(a) we are a year on and should be improving anyway
(b) we were without Vincent, Kolo and Yaya for much of that period
(c) we had Savic playing for the opposition

I take no comfort from this.

Pam said:

Forza Mancini

Arsenal & UTD probably would not have got through - but we are the champs with a far superior team than both those.

We should have made a better fist of things

This isn't about hating Mancini - It's a debate about his qualities and limitations. I still get up a shout and cheer as loud as anybody out there every weekend.

I look at the bigger picture - My loyalty is to CITY not any individual manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.