Mourinho or Mancini

sjk2008 said:
The cookie monster said:
sjk2008 said:
It's not a toughie though, is it?

Mancini is a league below Mourinho.

Just because Mourinho will only have managed to see off the greatest club side of all time just once in three years, by setting a goalscoring record in the process, doesn't mean he should be labelled a failure.

That Madrid hotseat is arguably as comical as the Chelsea one. And, as many have alluded to already in this thread, the fact that the likes of Casillas & Ramos care more about themselves and 'Spain' than what Mourinho is trying to do with Madrid says an awful lot.

It's one thing to say he's a horrible ****. Each to their own and all that. But to put Mancini on the same pedestal is, IMO, ridiculous, and that's even if Mancini lifts another Premiership title in May.
But he pissed all over barca last year
Now with a stronger side he is further away than ever
Whats gone wrong thats all i asked
But aparently it cant be asked on here as jose is god..

Of course it can be questioned.

His team aren't performing to the incredibly high standards he set last year, in the same way Bobby's team aren't.

The difference between the two though (aside from the obvious pts gaps), is that the team currently 6pts above City aren't even close, ability-wise) to the team that's clear of Barcelona.

Barcelona, this season, have made the best ever start to a domestic season. They've dropped just 2pts all season. Whilst Atletico have made an electric start themselves and Madrid haven't been as clinical as they were last year, I put the gap between them and the top down to just how good Barca have been. Fucking hell, they destroyed Atletico 4-1 last night.

At the end of the season, Madrid will finish 2nd, and probably clear of Atletico. Certainly not hitting the heights of last season, but then again, that'd be a hard task in itself anyway, they way they performed.

I'm glad someone else sees it the exact same.

Jose should be questioned but so to a terrible captain and so to Ramos. Iker is a great keeper, no doubt but to not cheer a winning goal cos Ronaldo scored it is unbelievable. If that was Terry doing it at Chelsea with Torres it'd be a different story.

NipHolmes said:
SWP's back said:
lust overlord said:
Seems a bit like double standards.
Mourinho and players don't get on team loses=players fault
Mancini and players don't get on team loses = Mancini not good enough.
Exactly.

I've already destroyed this.

We are moaning about a leak and yet Real have proven leaks.

It comes to something when a captain doesn't celebrate a winning fucking goal doesn't it?

Or are you gonna try and twist this to fit?

Destroyed LOL

Get over yourself Nip

sjk2008 said:
The cookie monster said:
sjk2008 said:
It's not a toughie though, is it?

Mancini is a league below Mourinho.

Just because Mourinho will only have managed to see off the greatest club side of all time just once in three years, by setting a goalscoring record in the process, doesn't mean he should be labelled a failure.

That Madrid hotseat is arguably as comical as the Chelsea one. And, as many have alluded to already in this thread, the fact that the likes of Casillas & Ramos care more about themselves and 'Spain' than what Mourinho is trying to do with Madrid says an awful lot.

It's one thing to say he's a horrible ****. Each to their own and all that. But to put Mancini on the same pedestal is, IMO, ridiculous, and that's even if Mancini lifts another Premiership title in May.

His team aren't performing to the incredibly high standards he set last year, in the same way Bobby's team aren't.

The difference between the two though (aside from the obvious pts gaps), is that the team currently 6pts above City aren't even close, ability-wise) to the team that's clear of Barcelona.

are city close to real madrid ?

SWP's back said:
lust overlord said:
Exactly.

Mancini's career has been dogged with accusations that he is cool and aloof with players, and not very popular in the dressing room. Mourinho's career has been full of players talking about how he got the very best from them and created a siege mentality.

It's one of the biggest and most important differences between them.

lust overlord said:
NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
So why he is unable to motivate his players this season
The most expensive side assembled anywhere and he is a distance behind

Because he doesn't get on with Captain or Captains friends. Iker is presidents man and can do no wrong. He squared up to Jose before apparently. Let's have it right, Iker didn't even celebrate Ronaldos winner over us I believe, now is that an action of a good captain.

It's ironic that the driving force to his demise is a clubs captain, its Chelsea mk2.

The way he does his best to muddle Barca is the problem, he turned El Clasico into an hate game and Iker and other Spaniards don't like it as they're close following the National Team campaigns.

Real team should look at last season and Jose past and realise they need to play for him and do as he says. Otherwise Barca will dominate and there's absolutely no doubt about that. Whilst Messi has a pulse they're always going to struggle.

If Jose can't get along with his players for the good of the team,he has got to accept some of the blame for that surely?
I seem to remember people having a go at Mancini when he falls with his players,and giving that as a reason for change.

The buck always stops with the manager regardless, they're the ones that live and die by results

If Jose gets sacked by Real it doesn't make him a bad manager, the same if Mancini gets the boot here?

People are giving there opinion that they think Jose's a better manager than Bob, nothing wrong in that.

It's no differant to saying Messi's better than Silva

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
lust overlord said:
Exactly.

Mancini's career has been dogged with accusations that he is cool and aloof with players, and not very popular in the dressing room. Mourinho's career has been full of players talking about how he got the very best from them and created a siege mentality.

I would say you are correct about Jose's early career.

Well Chelsea to be more precise. Whether his ego has now become too much for his players to take, I don't know. The show he made of standing out before the game to allow fans to boo him suggests to me a megalomaniac who is losing the plot somewhat.

Mancio said:
sjk2008 said:
The cookie monster said:

are city close to real madrid ?

I can play that game: Are United close to Barca?

SWP's back said:
The show he made of standing out before the game to allow fans to boo him suggests to me a megalomaniac who is losing the plot somewhat.

Standard Mourinho that was.

This is what he means to his players.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_cXSfeqbY[/youtube]

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
lust overlord said:
Exactly.

Gone tits up for Jose then so far this season then.

The cookie monster said:
SWP's back said:
NipHolmes said:
I've already destroyed this.

We are moaning about a leak and yet Real have proven leaks.

It comes to something when a captain doesn't celebrate a winning fucking goal doesn't it?

Or are you gonna try and twist this to fit?
You destroyed nothing, you basically repeated yourself and I can do the same:

Mancini and players don't get on team loses = Mancini not good enough
It really is as simple as this

It's not quite as clear as that though, is it?

When Mourinho came in, he stamped his authority straight away and got rid of Raul. Everyone else could see that it was the right decision except some of the diehard Madrid fans and then the likes of Casillas & Ramos.

It's akin to AVB going to Chelsea and dropping Lampard for a while. Unfortunately for him, player power ruled in this instance and they got rid of him.

Back over at Madrid, whilst fighting player power (2 players of which are the spine of the team), at the 2nd time of asking, he bulldozed Barca out of the title hunt including a deserved win at the Camp Nou and, in turn, amassed a record goals scored tally. All this, whilst the same few Spanish players openly criticised him and even in one instance, squaring up to him.

At City, whenever you hear of dressing room unrest, you never hear of current players coming out and criticising the manager do you (or at least I haven't). The only time you hear of anything is when he publicly slates a particular player (Hart, Mario, Nasri) or when 'leaks' are spilled.

Whilst I agree with you that Mancini shouldn't be the only one blamed for any poor team performances, just like Mourinho shouldn't be exempt in the same scenarios with Madrid, the two situations seem to be a little different.

For what it's worth, I believe Mancini is a good manager. I just don't think he's a patch on Mourinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.