Mourinho or Mancini

Why Always Ste said:
woodieMCFC said:
Mancini

/thread

Agreed.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He's won things for us and will continue to do so.

If I had to choose "another" manager I'd choose Pep, and look for a sustainability model of a club rather than the Chelsea/Madrid approach of Galactico's and shit.

It ain't broke? we are limping along atm, mancini pre match press conference shown he is doubting he will be there next year, we are one dimensional and need pace in january or its over

Limping along in 2nd place lol

Look at Real Madrid and learn something. 16 points behind the leaders and the manager discussing 3 rotten eggs in his squad with journalists

KennyG said:
Why Always Ste said:
woodieMCFC said:
Mancini

/thread

Agreed.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He's won things for us and will continue to do so.

If I had to choose "another" manager I'd choose Pep, and look for a sustainability model of a club rather than the Chelsea/Madrid approach of Galactico's and shit.

It ain't broke? we are limping along atm, mancini pre match press conference shown he is doubting he will be there next year, we are one dimensional and need pace in january or its over

PACE? when teams play 2 rows of four and park the bus where does a player with pace use his pace?

We need to start playing a few long balls and getting crosses in the box also shooting more from outside the box

hgblue said:
Since 2002, Mourinho has not gone a full calendar year without winning at least one trophy.

Mancini has won at least one trophy in every single full season of management with the exception of his debut one. He did however, win a trophy in the half-season before his debut full season.

If Mancini had acted like Mourinho did this weekend, the usual suspects would be up in arms about getting rid of him. They've gone awfully quiet over Mourinho's legendary man management skill recently as he's completely lost the dressing room. Funny that.

adrianr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Have they lost?

*gets excited*

Dave, Billy, anyone else who is very keen on the idea of Mourinho coming..

Are you not even in the least bit concerned with what's going on? Not even a little sceptical that he's perhaps not a good long term option for the club?

This got a little buried under some clarkies earlier ;) But I would like a genuine answer to the above.

Mancini's Italian success is a little coloured by the impact of the football scandals on rival clubs at that time

But I don't think there are many better managers in the game at the moment. You only have to look at what has gone so spectacularly wrong at Mourinho's latest project to realise that changing the manager is fraught with danger.

Damocles said:
hgblue said:
Since 2002, Mourinho has not gone a full calendar year without winning at least one trophy.

Mancini has won at least one trophy in every single full season of management with the exception of his debut one. He did however, win a trophy in the half-season before his debut full season.

If Mancini had acted like Mourinho did this weekend, the usual suspects would be up in arms about getting rid of him. They've gone awfully quiet over Mourinho's legendary man management skill recently as he's completely lost the dressing room. Funny that.

I posted Mourinho's managerial honours because I felt some were getting a bit carried away with his current difficulties at Madrid. In my opinion, he'll bounce back from this, and if anything, it will make him even more determined to do well at his next club. I have everything crossed that that next club isn't United. Mourinho at United is my worst nightmare.

As distasteful as this thread is I though it only fair to post Mancini's achievements as those coveting Mou saw fit to post his.

Player honours
Sampdoria
Serie A: 1990–91
Coppa Italia: 1984–85, 1987–88, 1988–89, 1993–94
Supercoppa Italiana: 1991
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1989–90
Lazio
Serie A: 1999–2000
Coppa Italia: 1997–98, 1999–2000
Supercoppa Italiana: 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1998–99
UEFA Super Cup: 1999
Italy
1990 FIFA World Cup: Third place

Managerial honours
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012

Gelsons Dad said:
As distasteful as this thread is I though it only fair to post Mancini's achievements as those coveting Mou saw fit to post his.

Player honours
Sampdoria
Serie A: 1990–91
Coppa Italia: 1984–85, 1987–88, 1988–89, 1993–94
Supercoppa Italiana: 1991
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1989–90
Lazio
Serie A: 1999–2000
Coppa Italia: 1997–98, 1999–2000
Supercoppa Italiana: 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1998–99
UEFA Super Cup: 1999
Italy
1990 FIFA World Cup: Third place

Managerial honours
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012

His playing honours are irrelevant as we're discussing their managerial abilities. Compare and contrast these, and Mancini's aren't as impressive are they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.