Mourinho or Mancini

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
hgblue said:
Since 2002, Mourinho has not gone a full calendar year without winning at least one trophy.

Mancini has won at least one trophy in every single full season of management with the exception of his debut one. He did however, win a trophy in the half-season before his debut full season.

If Mancini had acted like Mourinho did this weekend, the usual suspects would be up in arms about getting rid of him. They've gone awfully quiet over Mourinho's legendary man management skill recently as he's completely lost the dressing room. Funny that.

I posted Mourinho's managerial honours because I felt some were getting a bit carried away with his current difficulties at Madrid. In my opinion, he'll bounce back from this, and if anything, it will make him even more determined to do well at his next club. I have everything crossed that that next club isn't United. Mourinho at United is my worst nightmare.

The most arrogant twat in football at the most arrogant club in world football, seems like a match made in heaven (for all ABU's worldwide). How will "Mr Its all about me" get on with the powers upstairs like mr ticket tout? everywhere he has been he has had an open chequebook, will "uncle malc" do likewise? doubt it, and when he tries to be bigger than that club, i feel even the rag media will turn on him causing a complete meltdown in the rag empire, with purple nose sitting watching it all unfold.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_cXSfeqbY[/youtube]

The day Mancini can have this effect upon his players, is the day that I'll shut up about his man management. The fact Mourinho's is being questioned is quite frankly, laughable. Anyway, none of it means a thing until this season ends. And nothing changes the fact that Mourinho as I've said countless times, will pretty much pick and choose where he gets to go next. Mancini will go back to Italy or to some Russian backwater where there's lots of money.

Marvin said:
Mancini's Italian success is a little coloured by the impact of the football scandals on rival clubs at that time

But I don't think there are many better managers in the game at the moment. You only have to look at what has gone so spectacularly wrong at Mourinho's latest project to realise that changing the manager is fraught with danger.
Mourinho beat the greatest side ever to the Spanish title last season, there points tally in la liga is pretty similar to ours this season its just that Barca are unstoppable this year so the CL is Madrids priority. We've hardly had the best of seasons knocked out of the LC and CL without winning a game and 6pts behind United.

adrianr said:
adrianr said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Have they lost?

*gets excited*

Dave, Billy, anyone else who is very keen on the idea of Mourinho coming..

Are you not even in the least bit concerned with what's going on? Not even a little sceptical that he's perhaps not a good long term option for the club?

This got a little buried under some clarkies earlier ;) But I would like a genuine answer to the above.
Not concerned in the slightest. Everyone knows he's leaving in summer, and a manager in that position loses all authority. Besides that, I judge a manager on his whole career, and he's clearly a better manager than rm.

Still managed to outwit him tactically twice this year...

BillyShears said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_cXSfeqbY[/youtube]

The day Mancini can have this effect upon his players, is the day that I'll shut up about his man management. The fact Mourinho's is being questioned is quite frankly, laughable. Anyway, none of it means a thing until this season ends. And nothing changes the fact that Mourinho as I've said countless times, will pretty much pick and choose where he gets to go next. Mancini will go back to Italy or to some Russian backwater where there's lots of money.

One of the bitterest comments I have ever heard on here, and frankly a pathetic way to talk about Mancini. I am in Spain and the place is in uproar about Mourinho´s lack of class. Wouldn´t want City to employ him however talented he is.

It seems the lower his stock falls the more anti Mancini you get. Very very sad.

Didsbury Dave said:

This is the most salient point which is, surprise surprise, lost amongst the gloating about Mourinho's apparent demise. Madrid were in our CL group. We're no longer in the competition. Madrid are. Says it all.

for us to take the next step i'd have to go with Mourinho.

Didsbury Dave said:
adrianr said:
adrianr said:
Dave, Billy, anyone else who is very keen on the idea of Mourinho coming..

Are you not even in the least bit concerned with what's going on? Not even a little sceptical that he's perhaps not a good long term option for the club?

This got a little buried under some clarkies earlier ;) But I would like a genuine answer to the above.
Not concerned in the slightest. Everyone knows he's leaving in summer, and a manager in that position loses all authority. Besides that, I judge a manager on his whole career, and he's clearly a better manager than rm.

Didsbury you just don´t give up do you. Hasn´t it occurred to you that the type of chaos that surrounds your hero is exactly what Mansour does not like. Mourinho will never be City´s manager however much you wish it were so.

robbieh said:
One of the bitterest comments I have ever heard on here, and frankly a pathetic way to talk about Mancini.

The truth is often a very bitter pill to swallow. Remind me again who was Mancini talking to last season about a job ? Madrid ? Barca ? Munich ? PSG ? Chelsea ? United ? Arsenal ?

Watched Malaga v Real Madrid, my first thought when RSC grabbed that brace was that he is more useful as an impact sub than the non entity Ballotelli.

Back on topic,no doubt about it Mourinho is damaged goods now,although i realize with managers like him class is permanent form is temporary.Has alienated himself dropping all the Spaniards and i cant see him lasting beyond this season.They have the Copa Del Rey and Champions League.

Got me thinking................

The man whose dick he is always sucking in the newspapers might be the one who gives him his P45.Weird how some stuff pans out.

I would rather keep Mancini beyond this season,i like the bloke.But there is no denying our football has become slow,one dimensional and very predictable this season,and something needs to change.Hopefully we will click in to gear win the league.But you also have to consider this might be as good as it gets Roberto might have now took us as far as he can.He will always be a legend,but we need to keep evolving and moving forward as a club, on the evidence off the season so far we are regressing.Pretty sure that at the end off this season there will be a thorough in depth review regardless because off our early exit in Europe again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.