Mourinho or Mancini

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
One of the bitterest comments I have ever heard on here, and frankly a pathetic way to talk about Mancini.

The truth is often a very bitter pill to swallow. Remind me again who was Mancini talking to last season about a job ? Madrid ? Barca ? Munich ? PSG ? Chelsea ? United ? Arsenal ?
That's irrelevant. He's a football manager and it's a vulnerable job

What is at issue is his managerial ability and that encompasses many aspects.

What impresses me is that the City team really are a team fighting until the last whether at home to Utd or Real Madrid from a losing position or at home to Reading, and contrast that to Real Madrid, the team of the manager who has been used as a stalking horse to pressure our own manager. Real Madrid are a shambles at the moment with a seriously de-motivated squad. Motivating a team and getting the max out of players is the basic job of a manager.

BillyShears said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BillyShears said:
This is the most salient point which is, surprise surprise, lost amongst the gloating about Mourinho's apparent demise. Madrid were in our CL group. We're no longer in the competition. Madrid are. Says it all.

It hardly 'says it all'.

Surely there is more to this debate than the outcome of two games of football.

Oh, is there a debate going on ? I thought this was just the thread the Mourinho's hater bumped so they could post inane jibes because he's lost a football match.

Think he lost the La Liga title mate

BillyShears said:
BillyShears said:
This is the most salient point which is, surprise surprise, lost amongst the gloating about Mourinho's apparent demise. Madrid were in our CL group. We're no longer in the competition. Madrid are. Says it all.

It hardly 'says it all'.

Surely there is more to this debate than the outcome of two games of football.

Oh, is there a debate going on ? I thought this was just the thread the Mourinho's hater bumped so they could post inane jibes because he's lost a football match.
Some of us can elevate ourselves above such pettiness ;-)

Marvin said:

Absolutely stunning amount of denial goes on about Mancini's flirting with Monaco. A truly classless act which has been spun into some sort of Poor Little Rich Man story of the vulnerable little manager making sure he was ok if the big bad Arabs sacked him.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm --<br /><br />

I'd check your last but one post in this thread ... ;)

BillyShears said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_cXSfeqbY[/youtube]

The day Mancini can have this effect upon his players, is the day that I'll shut up about his man management.

What a silly argument, unless a camera followed Mancini as he left every club he's been at then you can't say he hasn't had that effect on any player.

BillyShears said:
The fact Mourinho's is being questioned is quite frankly, laughable.

Not really. The fact that you're not willing to question him is arguably more laughable.

To witness what's going on at Madrid and not even consider that he may not be the man for the job (and I'm not saying he isn't, he could be, I'm saying it should be considered), is the sort of unswerving faith most commonly found in a religion, not a discussion about the manager of a football club (probably a couple for the other side too to be fair). I suppose there's multiple parallels to be found between following a faith and a football club, but I digress.

I'm really amazed at the stance both of you are taking. To still not even entertain the idea he may not be a good long term solution is very bizzare. I'm sure the forum won't think any less of you if you express the odd doubt now and again. On the contrary these discussions would probably benefit hugely. Likely be a lot less aggressive for one!

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:

Absolutely stunning amount of denial goes on about Mancini's flirting with Monaco. A truly classless act which has been spun into some sort of Poor Little Rich Man story of the vulnerable little manager making sure he was ok if the big bad Arabs sacked him.

-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm --

I'd check your last but one post in this thread ... ;)
I like reading your posts Billy, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if Mancini or his agent or both enter into negotiations with another employer. When it came down to it he extended his contract at City

Didsbury Dave said:
Still managed to outwit him tactically twice this year...
Twice? You sure about that Dave?

But for Hart missing a very simple save we'd have drawn both. Or is it Mancini lack of tactics that meant Hart couldn't save a very run of the mill Ronaldo shot?

adrianr said:
Not really. The fact that you're not willing to question him is arguably more laughable.

To witness what's going on at Madrid and not even consider that he may not be the man for the job (and I'm not saying he isn't, he could be, I'm saying it should be considered), is the sort of unswerving faith most commonly found in a religion, not a discussion about the manager of a football club (probably a couple for the other side too to be fair). I suppose there's multiple parallels to be found between following a faith and a football club to be fair, but I digress.

I'm really amazed at the stance both of you are taking. To still not even entertain the idea he may not be a good long term solution is very bizzare. I'm sure the forum won't think any less of you if you express the odd doubt now and again. On the contrary these discussions would probably benefit hugely. Likely be a lot less aggressive for one!

Oh Mourinho's got his flaws. What's going at Madrid is proof of that. In fact Mourinho wouldn't even be my first choice to replace Mancini (he comes in 3rd). However it's a manifest fact that he's a much better and much more successful manager than Mancini. This seems to bother a lot of people.

Also, there's tendency in these discussions about Mourinho for people to focus on his character rather than his achievements. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, until they start saying Mancini is different. He's not. They are cut from the same cloth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.