Move that f*****g flag in 308

As it has been seriously suggested that the Forza Mancini flag should be moved to cover up the Sierra Leone banner so that Chinley's banner can stay, I thought I'd better just put on record some of the terrible things that have happened in that part of the world, and how our club can bring joy to a desperately deprived area

Formerly a crown dependency, British civil and milktary influence in the region started to wane in the 50s and 60s and jurisdiction was officially relinquished in 1972. Sadly, since then the area has seen catastrophe after catastrophe. Gun crime is prevalent especially amongst the young - school age children toting AK 47s are a regular sight. There is little respect for the rule of law, and STDs are endemic. from time to time, full scale civil war erupts which the authorities are powerless to prevent.

By allowing this banner to be displayed in full, we give a small amount of hope to a desperately deprived area.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say about Chinley. Sierra leone's problems are as I understand it even worse.

Chris, whilst I appreciate your well meaning post, you have seriously mis-judged the somewhat whimsical nature of this thread.

I also think that whilst I am amazed and full of respect for the effort some blues go to with regards to Sierra Leone and the great work they do, I should not expect that work to be affected if a flag the size of a large tea towel covered a letter of that flag. (not that anyone was going to anyway).

People need to chill the fuck out before diehard comes back.

Chris in London said:
As it has been seriously suggested that the Forza Mancini flag should be moved to cover up the Sierra Leone banner so that Chinley's banner can stay, I thought I'd better just put on record some of the terrible things that have happened in that part of the world, and how our club can bring joy to a desperately deprived area

Formerly a crown dependency, British civil and milktary influence in the region started to wane in the 50s and 60s and jurisdiction was officially relinquished in 1972. Sadly, since then the area has seen catastrophe after catastrophe. Gun crime is prevalent especially amongst the young - school age children toting AK 47s are a regular sight. There is little respect for the rule of law, and STDs are endemic. from time to time, full scale civil law erupts which the authorities are powerless to prevent.

By allowing this banner to be displayed in full, we give a small amount of hope to a desperately deprived area.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say about Chinley. Sierra leone's problems are as I understand it even worse.

mate
that funniest thing iv'e read in ages

Chris in London said:

Formerly a crown dependency, British civil and milktary influence in the region started to wane in the 50s and 60s and jurisdiction was officially relinquished in 1972. Sadly, since then the area has seen catastrophe after catastrophe. Gun crime is prevalent especially amongst the young - school age children toting AK 47s are a regular sight. There is little respect for the rule of law, and STDs are endemic. from time to time, full scale civil law erupts which the authorities are powerless to prevent.

Nice banter Chris. I hope to see you at the village game :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.