Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

The North stand is where the Family stand is currently located. Don't think 99% of those supporters would like to be moved to the other end of the Stadium. Also most clubs have the singing section and the away fans close to each other. Where would the away fans go in the new North stand. Where City have already put in safe standing will probably stay there.
The away fans will stay where they are. In most grounds the singing sections are not near the away fans. There would be enough room for anyone currently in the north stand to stay there if they accept it's an atmosphere end and also plenty of space will be vacated in other areas as people move to the new end.

How do we know the atmosphere will be any better in the North Stand after the expansion.
Moving is not always the answer for a better atmosphere.This is not going to be easy as it looks getting everybody involved.

The away fans will stay where they are. In most grounds the singing sections are not near the away fans. There would be enough room for anyone currently in the north stand to stay there if they accept it's an atmosphere end and also plenty of space will be vacated in other areas as people move to the new end.

I'm suprised you would think it appropriate to to have a family stand and a singing section in close proximity of each other!

The North stand is where the Family stand is currently located. Don't think 99% of those supporters would like to be moved to the other end of the Stadium. Also most clubs have the singing section and the away fans close to each other. Where would the away fans go in the new North stand. Where City have already put in safe standing will probably stay there.

They don't all have to move. The lower tier can be a family stand still. You go to a football game and you hear bad language, that's a given. Most clubs can't help but have family sections near their hardcore home fans or the away fans so the kids will hear it.

Most clubs don't have singing sections next to the away fans. The away fans are irrelevant. They're a distraction. We need a home end. They'll have 7,000 fans opposite giving them hell and another load more in the SS giving them shit at closer quarters. Ideally there becomes a Maine Road style rivalry between the NS and SS to get things going, but to have a huge tier under a roof getting songs going, we'll instantly see atmosphere at the ground become consistently good. We've got good fans, we make a racket at home plenty of times. But the design of the ground and where people sit does hold us back. This can solve it. And having a home end is far more attractive for the young blues who we need to capture for life.

They don't all have to move. The lower tier can be a family stand still. You go to a football game and you hear bad language, that's a given. Most clubs can't help but have family sections near their hardcore home fans or the away fans so the kids will hear it.

Most clubs don't have singing sections next to the away fans. The away fans are irrelevant. They're a distraction. We need a home end. They'll have 7,000 fans opposite giving them hell and another load more in the SS giving them shit at closer quarters. Ideally there becomes a Maine Road style rivalry between the NS and SS to get things going, but to have a huge tier under a roof getting songs going, we'll instantly see atmosphere at the ground become consistently good. We've got good fans, we make a racket at home plenty of times. But the design of the ground and where people sit does hold us back. This can solve it. And having a home end is far more attractive for the young blues who we need to capture for life.
Agree. The main difference between the Family Stand and neighbouring stands is that you hear fucks but no cunts. People still swear, it's pretty much the same generational mix you'd find in any other stand - it's just priced a bit cheaper in there, which really does help parents, and on the second tier there's the Match Attax thing - but there's also the bookies so it's not completely kiddyfied.

Second tier has a nice view, but my lads prefer the areas where we know there's better atmosphere over the view if given a choice, and the eldest has reached the age - 13 - where he's getting curious about the SS, safe standing and all that.

So if the new NS can incorporate noise, affordability, flexibility, visual impact, a decent view and the feeling that you're part of something special, it will tick a lot of boxes for younger Blues/dads and lads. We do need that atmosphere travelling back and forth.

The club should try and minimise moves though, and could also consider offering families discounted tickets in other areas - East Stand pitchside and CB pitchside would both appeal to slightly more nervous kids imo - atmosphere is mellow and they can see players up close.

How do we know the atmosphere will be any better in the North Stand after the expansion.
Moving is not always the answer for a better atmosphere.This is not going to be easy as it looks getting everybody involved.
I definitely do think it will make a massive difference mate. Everyone I know is talking about this!

When they announced SSL1 as the singing section a few years ago I don't know anyone who moved there and it wasn’t particularly a talking point between anyone I knew. But I know about twenty lads who want to move to this new stand!

I feel a right buzz about this. First proper stand of our own for a generation!

Agree. The main difference between the Family Stand and neighbouring stands is that you hear fucks but no cunts. People still swear, it's pretty much the same generational mix you'd find in any other stand - it's just priced a bit cheaper in there, which really does help parents, and on the second tier there's the Match Attax thing - but there's also the bookies so it's not completely kiddyfied.

Second tier has a nice view, but my lads prefer the areas where we know there's better atmosphere over the view if given a choice, and the eldest has reached the age - 13 - where he's getting curious about the SS, safe standing and all that.

So if the new NS can incorporate noise, affordability, flexibility, visual impact, a decent view and the feeling that you're part of something special, it will tick a lot of boxes for younger Blues/dads and lads. We do need that atmosphere travelling back and forth.

The club should try and minimise moves though, and could also consider offering families discounted tickets in other areas - East Stand pitchside and CB pitchside would both appeal to slightly more nervous kids imo - atmosphere is mellow and they can see players up close.
The truth is the kids want the noise and atmosphere. They are the ones who will steadily graduate into the singing areas anyway. If some of them are at the front and around the main singing area that will work well. At the moment you sense lots of kids (and their dads) in the north stand want to join in with a song if it spreads around to there but it rarely dows

Nobody is turning up for a “family stand” type experience with Moonchester and a free mars bar. The whole “family stand” thing is dated and irrelevant. Kids want excitement.

The truth is the kids want the noise and atmosphere. They are the ones who will steadily graduate into the singing areas anyway. If some of them are at the front and around the main singing area that will work well. At the moment you sense lots of kids (and their dads) in the north stand want to join in with a song if it spreads around to there but it rarely dows

Nobody is turning up for a “family stand” type experience with Moonchester and a free mars bar. The whole “family stand” thing is dated and irrelevant. Kids want excitement.
I definitely wanted the noise and atmosphere as a kid. My Dad took me to the Family Stand but I used to mither him to take me in the Kippax.

I wanted to go to the footy as a kid for the same reasons I do now: the football itself and the atmosphere. I wasn’t arsed about anything else and kids today will be no different. I went to the footy to watch the match and to hear men swear, sing and shout and I’d join in with them and get the odd elbow off my Dad when he thought I’d gone too far with the swearing. And it’s not like it made me a little shit in life in general, it never made me get in trouble for swearing at school and still to this day I don’t swear much in front of my Mother who thinks swearing is beneath me.

I also used to hate it when he made us leave games early (Dad’s take note, even if it’s a school night they can just go to bed early the next night!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely wanted the noise and atmosphere as a kid. My Dad took me to the Family Stand but I used to mither him to take me in the Kippax.

I wanted to go to the footy as a kid for the same reasons I do now: the football itself and the atmosphere. I wasn’t arsed about anything else and kids today will be no different. I went to the footy to watch the match and to hear men swear, sing and shout and I’d join in with them and get the odd elbow off my Dad when he thought I’d gone too far with the swearing. And it’s not like it made me a little shit in life in general, it never made me get in trouble for swearing at school and still to this day I don’t sweat much in front of my Mother who thinks swearing is beneath me.

I also used to hate it when he made us leave games early (Dad’s take note, even if it’s a school night they can just go to bed early the next night!).
My dad used to bollock me for watching the kippax too much. I knew every song and I couldn’t wait to graduate from the Platt Lane with him to the Kippax with my mates. The first time I went on there was Charlton 85 which was definitely a baptism of fire.

Kids are still the same.

Yeah, I don't think the 'family' concept has ever been the draw for parents who go in the NS. It's the price on the first tier and the view on the second. We know the view's not going anywhere - but cheaper ticket pricing is the one thing I would argue must be retained from the family stand concept. It's the best thing the club can do for the next generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.