Moving to Australia

BlueBearBoots said:
foetus said:
I live 50km south of Sydney...In between The Shire and Wollongong. Lived here my whole life and consider myself pretty damn lucky to have been raised here.

My local beach. I used to get high on this hill :)
bald-hill-lookout-during.jpg

Looks like Northumberland :)

I was thinking Devon

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReb2XqLc2ul4vHwhOfSzhvuWnVuc2GNlmPUwWwc5HcetvHyS36[/bigimg]

nimrod said:
Im in Queensland..........South Brisbane to be exact, Australia's only sub tropical city
I flew up to visit a girl in Yeronga for a weekend about 2 years ago. Pouring rain the entire time, got too drunk and the girl kicked me out of the house after 1 night. That's my one and only experience of Brisbane. Didn't even get to visit Dreamworld :(

foetus said:
nimrod said:
Im in Queensland..........South Brisbane to be exact, Australia's only sub tropical city
I flew up to visit a girl in Yeronga for a weekend about 2 years ago. Pouring rain the entire time, got too drunk and the girl kicked me out of the house after 1 night. That's my one and only experience of Brisbane. Didn't even get to visit Dreamworld :(

you didnt go to the Gold Coast ?

nimrod said:
foetus said:
nimrod said:

you didnt go to the Gold Coast ?
I've been to the GC when I was around 10 years old. Never did Dreamworld though. The plan was to meet the girl at Brissy, stay at hers for the weekend but travel down to Dreamworld on one of the days. It was pouring rain so we decided to stay at hers during the day and have a few drinks. By the time it was evening and time to hit the clubs, I'd had too much to drink and evidently she wasn't too happy about it :/

I do want to go up to the GC again sometime though.

Meanwhile..

Its snowing down south !!

[bigimg]http://www.roamingdownunder.com/img-tas/cradle-snowfence.jpg[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-07/cold-snap-in-tasmania-brings-heavy-snow-and-road-warnings/6451558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-07/c ... gs/6451558</a>

So this thread has gone from "It's shit here, too expensive" to "It's the greatest place on earth". The thread has stuck to the Bluemoon Forum format.

RadcliffeRick said:
So this thread has gone from "It's shit here, too expensive" to "It's the greatest place on earth". The thread has stuck to the Bluemoon Forum format.

Its too expensive still

Head to NZ, better climate and good cheese. Only downside is rugby but hey you don't have to love it. Try a smaller towm like Napier, Masterton etc as opposed to the big 3. Scenery and beaches to die for, all easy by road. Non of the 24hr killer bus journeys that are common in Oz.On the downside wages are on average lower than Uk. The national health service is exellent. I was diagnosed with leaukemia Jan 2013. The care I had was brilliant. Came back to UK and had a bone marrow transplant 15 months ago. I'm returning to NZ before my residence permit expires.

supercity88 said:
lostmyhouseski said:
I live in inner city Melbourne. It truly is a wonderful city!And all within easy reach of some stunning countryside/beaches/whatever tickles your fancy

I seem to be in a minority when I say I didn't like Melbourne. It has great facilities, things to do and is clean etc but I just found it to be a bit European and I liked Sydney a lot more largely because of the iconic places. Most people I know loved it and stayed to work there but I just wasn't too keen. I didn't explore much other than to head down the Great Ocean Road for a couple of days.

ha since when has being too european a bad thing? :) personally I found sydney great to visit but melbourne much easier to live in. Unfortunately the opera house and bondi beach doesn't typically feature in your daily commute. Melbourne is also smaller, more tangible and understated- all of which make for a better city in my opinion.

some say we have no culture, others that we are too european- I'm confused

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.