Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Do you intend to argue with everyone tonight or just a few selected at random ?

Only people who respond to a post by answering a question that wasn't asked.

i.e. - Vennels committed perjury
answer - the PO sole shareholder is HM Govt.

Sometimes on here its like

I am a fan of FIAT cars
answer - are you a vegan?

There is such a disconnect

Only people who respond to a post by answering a question that wasn't asked.

i.e. - Vennels committed perjury
answer - the PO sole shareholder is HM Govt.

Sometimes on here its like

I am a fan of FIAT cars
answer - are you a vegan?

There is such a disconnect
Bizarre response. The question (which was expressly and unequivocally posed) was:

Why are so many Christians such irredeemable cunts?

It’s a perfectly legitimate question. Some of the most ‘unchristian’ people I have encountered have been Christians. In fact the most selfish man I have ever met is a practising Catholic. Goes to mass every Sunday. He’s a ****, although quite entertaining company when he wants to be.

I find it both strange and noteworthy that people who actively promote and practise a particular belief system can live their lives in a way that is so incongruous with its widely stated values.

I think the point you have raised about it merely being a manifestation of the powerful exercising power over the weak is a gross simplification - it is far more complex than that and reveals a more nuanced, unappealing trait of human nature, rooted in a lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy, and goes some way to explain why we are basically fucked as a species.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how we've not seen a single picture of the **** since this whole thing started. When a minor celebrity has a faux pas, there's an army of journalists camped outside their house for months. With someone who's actually caused major harm, all we get is "Paula Vennells didn't respond to our request."

What I don't understand is how we've not seen a single picture of the **** since this whole thing started. When a minor celebrity has a faux pas, there's an army of journalists camped outside their house for months. With someone who's actually caused major harm, all we get is "Paula Vennells didn't respond to our request."
I guess it’s possible she’s had Huw Edwards type breakdown and has been committed to an institution. I think that would provide reasonable grounds for that approach. Don’t think the press would otherwise leave her alone given the level of public interest (in both senses of the word) in this case. Edwards’ status was released by his wife iirc, as I don’t think such a thing is liable to be published. Like many senior people who put on a front I suspect she’s actually quite fragile and tbf no one could have predicted this level of public attention and opprobrium.

Nobody deserves such a fate, of course, but it’s hard to shake off the view that she has brought all this upon herself.

I guess it’s possible she’s had Huw Edwards type breakdown and has been committed to an institution. I think that would provide reasonable grounds for that approach. Don’t think the press would otherwise leave her alone given the level of public interest (in both senses of the word) in this case. Edwards’ status was released by his wife iirc, as I don’t think such a thing is liable to be published. Like many senior people who put on a front I suspect she’s actually quite fragile and tbf no one could have predicted this level of public attention and opprobrium.

Nobody deserves such a fate, of course, but it’s hard to shake off the view that she has brought all this upon herself.
Well yeah, I'm not saying there's anything to gain from harassing people (even if they deserve contempt), just find it strange that they haven't.

Horizon scandal number 438 now happening.
It seems Royal Mail soft ware reads the barcode on a stamp. The software is now identifying loads of 'counterfeit' stamps. This forces the public to pay a £5 fine to get their mail.
The problem is many can show they bought the stamps from a Post Office.
The P.O. state their software is perfect and have even stated the Post Master could be the crook !
Meanwhile they carry on raking it in, a £1 for the stamp and £5 to collect your letter from a sorting office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.